Saturday, August 5, 2017

My Book Haul 8/5/2017

Strange Weather, Silent Corner, and The Between

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:


This was offered in a recent email from William Morrow. I'm a sucker for short stories and loved the last book by Joe Hill, so happily agreed to a review and downloaded the ebook that afternoon!

Strange Weather by Joe Hill
Strange Weather by Joe Hill

A collection of four chilling novels, ingeniously wrought gems of terror from the brilliantly imaginative, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Fireman, Joe Hill.



Library:


Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors so I put this on hold as soon as I heard about it! There were already about 30 people ahead of me for the regular version but only 5 down for the large print copy, so I got the large print! 

Silent Corner by Dean Koontz
Silent Corner by Dean Koontz

People of talent and accomplishment, people admired and happy and sound of mind, have been committing suicide in surprising numbers. When Jane seeks to learn why, she becomes the most-wanted fugitive in America. Her powerful enemies are protecting a secret so important - so terrifying - that they will exterminate anyone in their way.


eBook Freebies:


I have The Ones in my TBR pile so decided that I needed this novella as well. This was free at the time downloaded.


Between by Daniel Sweren-Becker
Between by Daniel Sweren-Becker

The Between is a digital-only novella that follows the shocking events of The Ones and leads directly into its exciting sequel, The Equals.





What did you receive this week?
Leave me a link so I can swing by to check them out!

19 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've read Dean Koontz. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't liked some of his recent books, but this was a good one!

      Delete
  2. I do love Joe Hill but I dislike anthologies for the most part, so I skipped his latest novel. I do hope you enjoy it. I haven't read Dean Koontz in F O R E V E R ! I read his book so much I would forget I had read a book and start reading it only to find I already read it. oops! I hope you enjoy all your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthologies are one of my favorites, but I know that not everyone agrees. Short stories can be tough and not every author can pull them off, so am curious to see how Joe does!

      Delete
  3. Uh, you've just intrigued me on all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry to do that to your TBR pile, Jenny!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Joe Hill book! He's one of my favorite authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read The Fireman and loved it, so need to read more!

      Delete
    2. I loved The Fireman as well! If you like graphic novels, I highly recommend the Locke & Key series! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! I really need to work on my TBR piles but can't seem to resist the bright and the shiny and the new! lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I didn't care for The City, but this one was actually pretty good!

      Delete
  7. Loving the cover but alas, as you know, I'm not such a big fan of short stories. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short stories aren't for everyone, but they're one of my favorites! :)

      Delete
  8. I've seen the first two around! Hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strange Weather looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo. A couple good ones it sounds like. Hope you enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete