Saturday, July 8, 2017

My Book Haul 7/8/2017

American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Epiphany Machine by David Burr Gerrard, Gemina by Amie Kaufman, Only the Truth by Adam Croft, Hemingway Didn't Say That by Garson O'Toole, 30 Minute Meals by Hannie Scott, No Way Back by Rick Mofina, Magic of the Gargoyles by Rebecca Chastain, Curse Keepers by Denise Grover Swank

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was a welcome surprise in my mailbox! Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors so I've already read this one, but this is the author's preferred, updated text. Can't wait for a reread!

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
American Gods by Neil Gaiman

First published in 2001, here is the New York Times bestselling novel that became an instant classic and was hailed by USA Today as “a powerful, searing force that makes readers confront what is real and what is not…”

Edelweiss:

This was a review offer from the publisher that I couldn't resist! Sounds like an awesome read!

Epiphany Machine by David Burr Gerrard
Epiphany Machine by David Burr Gerrard

A searing alternative history of New York city, from the 60s to the near future, in which a tattoo machine is rumored to inscribe insightful assessments on its users’ forearms - with irreversible consequences.

Library:

Saw this on another blogger's wishlist and immediately checked to see if my library had a copy. They did! I'd forgotten about this Illuminae sequel but once reminded, I needed to read it immediately! Hope I love it as much as the first book!

Gemina by Amie Kaufman
Gemina by Amie Kaufman

The highly anticipated sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller that critics are calling “out-of-this-world awesome.”

eBook Freebies:

These were all free at the time of download. What can I say, I can never resist a good bargain!




What did you receive this week?


12 comments:

  1. I read this year's ago, but can't remember if I liked it or not. It was preblogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember most of my preblogging reads either, which is one of the reasons I started writing reviews!

      Delete
  2. This book looks awesome!

    I gave your blog a follow, and I would truly appreciate it if you could check out my book reviews blog located at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Looking forward to reading more of your reviews!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow El K! Will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  3. OOOH American Gods! True story, I NEED that edition simply because Ricky Whittle is on the cover, and look, I am going to need ANY thing that boasts Ricky Whittle on its cover ;) I also would like to read the book so that I can watch the show sometime- again, because Ricky Whittle. Gemina was really good, I hope you enjoy it! And The Epiphany Machine sounds quite interesting, I have to check that out! Hope you enjoy all of these, and have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I haven't seen the show yet, but have heard great things about it. I have high hopes for Gemina, as I loved the first book!

      Delete
  4. Nice haul. Your new books look awesome. I did enjoy Gemina, so I hope you do too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed Gemina! I have high hopes for that one, but need to finish another book first. I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  5. That happens to so many of my books too. They just sit and sit on their shelves or in my Kindle until I get to them...sometimes that takes a few years *covers face*.
    I hope you enjoy Gemina as much as the first book! And have fun re-reading American Gods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad, as I have books on my shelves from years ago too. We'll get to them all....eventually! :)

      Delete