Saturday, July 22, 2017

My Book Haul 7/22/2017

Rift Uprising, They Both Die At The End, Best Day Ever, and Animal Dreams
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:


This was an email offer from the publisher. Read an excerpt and was intrigued. Hope it lives up to the sample!

Rift Uprising by Amy S. Foster
Rift Uprising by Amy S. Foster

An alternate reality that feels all-too-real, The Rift Uprising is the explosive start to a new trilogy that combines the fast paced action of Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games, the lyrical tone of Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and the emotional stakes of Pierce Brown’s Red Rising from acclaimed lyricist and storyteller Amy S. Foster.

NetGalley/Edelweiss:


Saw this one mentioned on a few other blogs and it sounded too good to pass up! Thankfully, it was available on Edelweiss. Really looking forward to reading this one!

They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera

In the tradition of Before I Fall and If I Stay, this tour de force from acclaimed author Adam Silvera, whose debut the New York Times called “profound,” reminds us that there’s no life without death, no love without loss - and that it’s possible to change your whole world in a day.


***

This was another too-tempting-to-resist email offer from NetGalley. Sounds intriguing!

Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda
Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda

“I glance at my wife as she climbs into the passenger seat, and I am bursting with confidence. Today will be everything I’ve promised her…and more…”

In the bestselling, page-turning vein of The Couple Next Door and The Dinner, Kaira Rouda weaves a gripping, tautly suspenseful tale of deception and betrayal dark enough to destroy a marriage…or a life.



Gifted:


My pen pal Sheila sent this to me since she knows I love to read and this is one of her favorite authors. I don't think I've ever read anything by Barbara Kingsolver, but do recognize her name from working in bookstores years ago. Am curious to read this one now.

Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

Blending flashbacks, dreams, and Native American legends, Animal Dreams is a suspenseful love story and a moving exploration of life's largest commitments. With this work, the acclaimed author of The Bean Trees and Homeland and Other Stories sustains her familiar voice while giving readers her most remarkable book yet.



What did you receive this week? 
Leave me a link so I can swing by and check out your haul!



12 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I enjoyed the Rift Uprising. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I'm looking forward to Rift Uprising as it sounds intriguing!

      Delete
  2. Nice! I'm curious about Animal Dreams. I haven't heard of that author. Hope you enjoy your books! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading other reader's favorite authors, even when they're out of my comfort zones. Need to make time for this one!

      Delete
  3. Oh these look interesting. I hope you enjoy them all. I have had that Kingsolver book on my want shelf for way too long. I really need to get that one from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My library list keeps growing, so second-guessing my decision to get a library card. ha!

      Delete
  4. Oh these are all new to me and sound great. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I need to learn to read faster as my TBR pile keeps growing!

      Delete
  5. Rift looks awesome!

    Yeah, everyone is journaling in some form, thankfully I'm liking it from afar. I don't think I can keep up with it if I do decide to jump on the bandwagon.

    Do you use Picmonkey? Is it me or did they change their set up too?! I used to be able to edit photos there for free, now it seems like they're asking for $$. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I love about my bullet journal is that I've made it my own. I don't think I could keep up with daily, weekly, and monthly layouts, so I use it for lists and trackers.

      I just started using PicMonkey and it has a free editing option, so I haven't created an account. I like it better than Canva, but only if it remains free. Fingers crossed they don't stop their free access as well!

      Delete