Saturday, September 2, 2017

August 2017 Wrap Up

August 2017 Wrap Up
My month in review. Let's see how I did!

Books read


In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 12 books this month!

  1. Silent Corner by Dean Koontz
  2. Dead on Arrival by Matt Richtel
  3. Waste of Space by Gina Damico
  4. Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
  5. Gemina by Amie Kaufman
  6. Holier Than Thou by Rick Gualtieri
  7. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  8. Goddamned Freaky Monsters by Rick Gualtieri
  9. Rift Uprising by Amy S Foster
  10. They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
  11. Northern Lights by Debra Dunbar
  12. Hawkweed Legacy by Irena Brignull

August Reviews


Blog Goals


Still working on updating pictures from the Photobucket debacle. Why they decided to screw everyone over instead of notifying customers that they were changing their TOS is beyond me. I might have considered paying a small fee to continue using their services, but no way will I pay their $400 blackmail!

Was also going to work on getting my dismal NetGalley feedback ratio back up to 80%. Sadly, I requested even more titles and dropped down to 61%. Oops!

Around the Blogosphere


Awesome post about How To Get People To Read Your Book Blog over on Paper Fury. She had me at dubious methods. ha! Now I need to either bribe you all with fresh-baked cookies or threaten you with an axe. Hmmm....decisions, decisions....

Overall


Had my first guest post in a long time! An interesting article on How To Enjoy eBooks Without Causing Harm To Your Eyes by Anitya Brown. Lots of great tips for preventing eye strain! What do you think, should I open up the blog to more guest posts?

Did great reading-wise, not so great in all other areas. If anyone has the secret to balancing life, please share!


8 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you read 12 books! :)

    Photobucket should be ashamed of themselves for screwing so many people over. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies? That would work. lol Congrats on getting 12 books read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a fabulous reading month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This title right here: Goddamned Freaky Monsters
    I love it! Was it good?

    I'm really impressed with your reading prowess, by the way. :)

    Yeah, I still have not finished with the damn photobucket massacre. I've decided to wait until mini-bloggiesta later this month to finish it once and for all. Ugh. Still right pisses me off!

    Um, I just don't have the energy to bribe, or threaten with an axe. Guess I'll just have to deal with no one reading my blog. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did awesome!! Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12 books! That's a great job! Here's to a great month in September too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats awesome that you could read 12 books in a months time.

    https://skartecedu.in

    ReplyDelete