Monday, July 31, 2017

July 2017 Wrap Up

July 2017 Wrap Up

My month in review. Let's see how I did!

Books read


In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've only read 3 books this month and my cushion is quickly disappearing:

  1. MatchUp edited by Lee Child
  2. Goodbye Survival Mode by Crystal Paine
  3. Epiphany Machine by David Burr Gerrald

July Reviews





Blog Goals


Focused on fixing the Photobucket fiasco this month. Slowly working my way through old posts and updating the missing pictures. Once that's done, going to take a look at my old template to see if it can be salvaged. If not, will look into finally buying a custom template. Maybe. Hoping I can salvage the old one as I've had it so long that I'm kinda attached.

Around the Blogosphere


Have noticed quite a few book bloggers mentioning their bullet journals recently. This makes me unbelievably excited for some reason, as I started my bullet journal back in February. It's mainly lists and trackers, but I've started branching out and trying to get more creative. Anyone else have a bullet journal? Do you follow the "official guidelines" or have you made it your own the way I have? Let's compare BuJos!

Read a fun post over at Avalinah's Books about how we sometimes never seem to get around to actually reading the book we've been desperately craving. I'm totally guilty of neglecting my Must Have books, so glad to find out I'm not alone!

Marie over at The Boston Bibliophile is celebrating her upcoming 10 year blogiversary with a Bookish Bucket List. Love this idea!

Speaking of blogiversarys, Ryan at Wordsmithonia is celebrating his 9 year blogiversary! Love his Favorite Fictional Character posts!

Commenting


Started off strong, then life happened. Hoping to do better in August.

Challenges


*sigh* You know what they say about good intentions, right? I still haven't started the Blogger Shame Challenge, which is kind of ironic in a way. Oh, the shame! ha! On the other hand, I'm totally rocking the eBook Challenge!

Blogger Shame Challenge:  0/16

eBook Reading Challenge:  42/25

Goodreads Challenge:  57/100

Overall


Had a strong start and was just getting back into the blogging groove when I had to leave town for a family emergency. Then got surprise visitors once I was home and recovering from the trip.

Gave myself a good talking-to about the importance of blogging ahead so I at least have published posts when life happens, but I'm not 100% sure I was paying attention.

How was your July? Doing well with your challenges? Staying cool during this insanely hot summer? How about a gratuitous doggie picture?

Waffles is helping!
Waffles "helping" her aunt work on a new quilt


Here's to a great August!


38 comments:

  1. Waffles is adorable - must comment on dog first :) That Goodreads challenge is haunting me and I mentioned last month about how I think it gets pleasure in secretly taunting me. I want to read A Man Called Ove but I think I'm waiting until it's colder. For some reason, it's sceaming winter read to me - but then I'm a tad strange. I am attempting to bullet journal but so far am losing that race as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a fellow dog lover, I totally understand about commenting on the dog first! I took over 50 pictures during my aunt's recent visit and my dogs were in 90% of them! Good luck with your bullet journal! Don't stress over it and tailor it to fit you.

      Delete
  2. Worked on my bujo all day yesterday LOL I can already tell that I'm not a follower of any of its rules. I bought stencils to help with the designer, because I'm not much of an artist. :) ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of an artist either, so need to look into getting some stencils of my own! lol

      Delete
  3. Oh love all the puppy pics I can get. :) Looks like you had a good month reading wise. I'm really doing terrible but I'm still getting what I need done in review books. I was lucky I didn't have too much on photobucket, but I was starting to use it more before the fiasco. I think I got that caught up... I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do a review-a-thon or something to catch up on my reviews, but otherwise am doing okay. Taking my time on fixing the Photobucket fiasco so I don't get overwhelmed (or enraged...again! ha!).

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've read quite a few. Cute pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! She's my spoiled little princess. :)

      Delete
  5. Aw, what a perfect name for such a cute dog! Have a great August!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica! The name still makes us smile four years later. :)

      Delete
  6. Awww Waffles is adorable! I am so sorry you had to go through all that with Phtobucket! I only had a couple of posts get messed up, I cannot even imagine dealing with the whole site! I feel you with getting behind on stuff, having the best intentions but then life happening. It is a struggle for sure! I hope things are a bit calmer for you now, and hope you have a great August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I think Waffles is pretty adorable too. :) Fingers crossed that August is better for me and my family!

      Delete
  7. If I did the Blogger Shame Challenge I would probably put off review books until they were over 4 months old... That being said I have a whole shelf of them.
    I hope you find a lot of good books in August to help with your goodreads goal!
    -JK I'm Exploring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JK! I have plenty of books to review for the Blogger Shame Challenge, I just haven't sat down to review them yet. Too funny IMO!

      Delete
  8. Aw what a good baby Waffles is helping out like that. I bujo. But, yeah, I have my own method and don't use the "official" way. lol Hope you have a great August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Waffles followed her aunt around all week, "helping" her whenever she laid fabric on the floor. I took lots and lots of pictures, as it was too cute!

      Delete
  9. I used July to try and get back into the whole blogging routine, and while I'm not fully back, I feel like I'm on the way there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I can't get over that it's been so many years as sometimes it feels like my blog is still brand spanking new!

      Delete
  11. WHAT A CUTE PUPPY!!! And good intentions totally count with blogging things, right?!😂I meant to have some scheduled posts and stuff ready for this month but honestly...no. Definitely didn't happen.😂

    And I do have a bullet journal! I'm not sure if it is technically one though, because I more use it as a reading diary but LOVE IT. I want to get more arty in it too but I never make the time haha. Must do that!😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for good intentions counting! lol My bullet journal is more lists and trackers, but love the idea of a reading diary. *makes a note on current list*

      Delete
  12. Waffles is adorable! I took a couple of months off blogging and I'm hoping to get back to it this month. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! I think Waffles is pretty adorable too. :) Hope you're able to get back into blogging when you're ready! Breaks are good, but it can be hard to get back in the swing of things. Good luck!

      Delete
  13. Photobucket got you, too? Sorry to hear that :/ good luck updating your photos! And working on your reading challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I'm slowly working my way through my old posts and updating the pictures. Afraid it's going to take awhile. :(

      Delete
  14. Ugh. Stupid Photobucket. I spent 4 hours that first day recreating images, uploading them on my site, and then plugging them in to my posts. Four hours and I barely put a dent in my archives. I haven't touched it since. I really need to sit down and do it... but I DON'T WANNA! :'(
    I feel ya on trying to get into blogging. Since summer hit, it's been one muggy 90* day after another here and it's draining all my blogging mojo. I need to sit down soon and just crank out back-up posts for when things like this happen. I always say that though, and it never happens. Ha!
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, as I don't want to have to mess with the Photobucket debacle either! That's why I'm taking it slow and only updating 5 posts a day, otherwise I think I'd pull my hair out! Stupid Photobucket! >:( I always plan on scheduling posts in advance, but never seem to get around to it either. Nice to know I'm not alone! ha!

      Delete
  15. I post about my bullet journal! I haven't gotten around to actually making a page for it on my blog. I honestly buy things on etsy and trace. I'm a tracer. I'm posting my August set up on Monday if you're interested :)

    Waffles looks like such a cute helper.

    I hope you have a wonderful August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm not very artistic, I've been thinking about buying some stencils for my bullet journal. I like your idea of tracing better! That way I'm not limited to just a few designs. Will definitely check out your bullet journal post! Hope you have a great August too, Tina!

      Delete
  16. I have heard that photo bucket was causing a lot of issues for a lot of people. That really stinks. I am so losing my cushion in the GR challenge myself. Aw Waffles is so cute! Have a great August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right on track with my Goodreads Challenge right now but would like to have that cushion again as that really takes some of the pressure off!

      Delete
  17. Oh my gosh, I hate photobucket. I am slowly going through old posts but it is taking quite some time at the moment, and honestly I can barely go into my pb account without getting annoyed so I've been taking new updated pictures (some of them were bad anyway). But man, the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't photobucket the worst? Not sure what they were thinking, but they sure pissed off a whole lotta bloggers! >:(

      Delete
  18. I know all about those good intentions for blogging. I don't blog ahead at all for the most part so when things happen (like my vaca last week) my blog goes silent. Again, I am so sorry to hear about the photobucket fiasco. I did end up buying a theme a while back and it was pricey but I couldn't be happier with the functionality of it. It did take me quite a bit to set it up. Honestly, I should be updating my blog and posts more often anyways.
    Waffles is such a cute name for suck a cute dog.
    I hope you have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about buying a new theme since I can't seem to figure out how to recover my old one, but haven't even started researching designers yet. Need to fix the Photobucket fiasco first! Hope you have a great month too, Karen! Thanks! :)

      Delete