Saturday, June 24, 2017

My Book Haul 6/24/2017

Need to Know, Al Franken Giant of the Senate, Matchup, Little French Bistro, Feeder, Morag the Unhappy Witch, and Doggone Deal of Love

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

NetGalley:

I had requested these weeks ago but was only recently approved. Not sure what took so long, but excited to read these two!

Need to Know by Karen Cleveland
Need to Know by Karen Cleveland

In pursuit of a Russian sleeper cell on American soil, a CIA analyst uncovers a dangerous secret that will test her loyalty to the agency - and to her family.

***

Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken
Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken

From Senator Al Franken - #1 bestselling author and beloved SNL alum - comes the story of an award-winning comedian who decided to run for office and then discovered why award-winning comedians tend not to do that.


Library Books:

Since I love short stories, was excited to see this collection available at my library! There were over 30 holds on the regular book, but no holds for the large print edition. Grabbed the LP and ready to read!

Matchup edited by Lee Child
Matchup edited by Lee Child

In this incredible follow-up to the New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller FaceOff, twenty-two of the world’s most popular thriller writers come together for an unforgettable anthology.

***

I'm not sure where I got this one from, but placed a hold on it awhile back and it finally came in. Looks like a good read!

Little French Bistro by Nina George
Little French Bistro by Nina George

With all the buoyant charm that made The Little Paris Bookshop a beloved bestseller, The Little French Bistro is a tale of second chances and a delightful embrace of the joys of life in France.

Won:

Won these from Armchair BEA! All new-to-me authors that I'm excited to discover!

Feeder by Eliza Green
Feeder by Eliza Green

Anya wants to play it safe. But things were about to get dangerous

***

Morag the Unhappy Witch by Gino Zani

Morag the Unhappy Witch is a story about a young girl, who comes from a long line of witches and warlocks who protect the village of MacDuff from evil.

***

Doggone Deal of Love by Catherine Mayer Donges
Doggone Deal of Love by Catherine Mayer Donges

Megan O’Reilly never expected to find love again after losing her husband to early-onset Alzheimer’s. Due to grief and depression over her husband’s slow decline and eventual death, she loses hope and the will to live. Thanks to the unconditional love of her Cocker Spaniel, Molly, Megan learns to live in the moment and is given a second chance to find love and human companionship once more.


What did you receive this week?

14 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on The Little French Bistro. Enjoy your new reads! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aleen! Just finished Little French Bistro and really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I can't wait to see what you think of Little French Bistro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on the large print edition. I'd have grabbed that up, too! Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprised no one else thought of this, especially with so many people already on the waitlist! Hey, maybe I'll be able to read it without my glasses? ha!

      Delete
  4. A lot of great books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be looking forward to your reviews for Feeder and Doggone Deal of Love.

    I hope you enjoy your reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I'm not sure when I'll get to them, but looking forward to reading them both!

      Delete
  6. Oh these are nice grabs. :) Hope you enjoy these when you get to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I need to stop bringing home so many library books, but I'm like a kid in a candy store! lol

      Delete