My Book Haul 6/10/2017 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 6/10/2017

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 10, 2017

My Book Haul 6/10/2017

Bones of the Earth, A Thousand Cuts, Waste of Space, Nyxia, Things I Should Have Known, Goofy Newfies, Stillhouse Lake, About a Dog
It's been awhile since I've done a book haul, so quite a few new books have been added to my TBR piles. I've included links to Goodreads for more information.

For Review:

These were both surprises in my mailbox. Not sure when I'll be able to read them, but they both look intriguing! Nothing better than books in the mail!

Bones of the Earth by Rachel Dunne
Bones of the Earth by Rachel Dunne

A mismatched band of mortals and their violent, secretive leader must stand against a pair of resentful gods to save their world in this second volume in Rachel Dunne's breathtaking dark epic fantasy trilogy, The Bound Gods, which began with In the Shadow of the Gods.

***


A Thousand Cuts by Thomas Mogford
A Thousand Cuts by Thomas Mogford

A fatal explosion in the past. A series of brutal murders in the present. In the blazing Gibraltar sun, is justice being served for betrayals long hidden?

NetGalley:

Oh NetGalley, I just can't quit you...

Waste of Space by Gina Damico
Waste of Space by Gina Damico

Cram ten hormonal teens into a spaceship and blast off: that’s the premise for the ill-conceived reality show Waste of Space. The kids who are cast know everything about drama - and nothing about the fact that the production is fake.

***

Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
Nyxia by Scott Reintgen

Emmett Atwater isn't just leaving Detroit; he's leaving Earth. Why the Babel Corporation recruited him is a mystery, but the number of zeroes on their contract has him boarding their lightship and hoping to return to Earth with enough money to take care of his family.... Forever.

***

Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik
Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik

Things Chloe Knew:
Her sister Ivy was lonely. Ethan was a perfect match. 

Ethan's brother, David, was an arrogant jerk.

Things Chloe Should Have Known:
Set-ups are complicated. Ethan would be a perfect boyfriend...for someone other than Ivy. 

David is the one person who really gets Chloe.


eBook Freebies:

I was doing really well with resisting ebook freebies until I saw this little gem mentioned on Herding Cats & Burning Soup. I can't resist stories featuring dogs! And look at this cover! How was I supposed to resist such a cute pack of pups?

Goofy Newfies by Ann O'Masta
Goofy Newfies by Ann O'Masta

What do you get when you combine a dash of romance, a pinch of humor, a ton of fun, and quite a few pounds of sweet and fluffy Newfoundland puppies? This delightful recipe makes for a heartwarming read that is sure to leave you wanting more.

***

This was my First Look selection from Amazon Prime. Some months are tough, but this one was easy because it's Rachel Caine. Love her!

Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine
Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine

Gina Royal is the definition of average - a shy Midwestern housewife with a happy marriage and two adorable children. But when a car accident reveals her husband’s secret life as a serial killer, she must remake herself as Gwen Proctor - the ultimate warrior mom.

Library:

I went a little crazy after I got my library card and put a ton of preorder titles on hold, then promptly forgot about them. This was the first to come in, so better get reading because new books have shorter lending periods. Hey, they had me at dog! 

About a Dog by Jenn McKinlay
About a Dog by Jenn McKinlay

Fall in love with a little help from man's best friend in New York Times bestselling author Jenn McKinlay's contemporary romance debut.




What did you receive this week?

27 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those authors. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I've already read About A Dog because, well, there was a dog....ha!

      Delete
  2. Great book haul! I think I need Waste of Space and Things I Know.

    #getsocial17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those do look good, don't they? :)

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about not being able to quit NetGalley.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I manage to stay off it, then they send me emails and I'm sucked right back in! :0

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of any of these books but they all sound interesting. I truly hope you enjoy reading them! Your blog is very nice and pleasing to the eye. Hope you are having a great summer so far. - Mama Vicky

    #GetSocial2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Mama Vicky! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Eclectic keeps things interesting! :D

      Delete
  6. Ha! on the Goofy Newfies. That cover did it to me, too. lol I snagged the Caine for my first read, too. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally love the Newfies cover! I'm such a sucker for cute dogs!

      Delete
  7. Newfies! I love that breed. I had one growing up and they are absolutely wonderful. Great haul! #GetSocial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a Newfie, but they look so cute!

      Delete
  8. it looks interesting. i hope it is >:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. About a Dog is an awesomely cute read. I reviewed it a few months back and was thrilled to get a digital ARC for it. I think you'll like it and hey, libraries are great so good for you for putting some on request. I ALWAYS have something out from the library! I also grabbed the Rachel Caine book this month. #GetSocial17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me way too long to get a library card, but I plan on wearing it out! lol

      Delete
  10. Bones of the Earth sounds like something I'd enjoy. A few others sound really good too. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look interesting. Hope you enjoy. ^_^
    #getsocial17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's some haul and what a diverse selection. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waste of Space sounds like a fun read. I really enjoyed her Croak series. So, I'm sure this one will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice haul. Most of these are new to me.

    Stopping by for #getsocial2017 from Bambi Unbridled

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard really good things about Claire's novel, and awww! How cute does Jenn's look! Looks like you picked up some interesting books. Hope you enjoy them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting blog! Visiting from #getsocial17

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u