Library Haul #1 | Alexia's Books and Such: Library Haul #1
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Library Haul #1

It only took me four years, but I finally got a library card! Pretty sure I was spoiled by the last two libraries I belonged to, as they were both new & awesome, but my new library isn't bad. Granted, half the shelves are empty, but they have a pretty good young adult section and it looks like they're working on their fantasy section. Have to say that I'm cautiously optimistic!

Here's my very first library haul:

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia, Missing by Kelley Armstrong, Scythe by Neal Shusterman, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia

Supernatural meets The Da Vinci Code in this action-packed paranormal thriller, the first book in a new series from New York Times bestselling author Kami Garcia.

Missing by Kelley Armstrong

The only thing Winter Crane likes about Reeve's End is that soon she'll leave it. Like her best friend did. Like her sister did. Like most of the teens born in town have done. There's nothing for them there but abandoned mines and empty futures. They're better off taking a chance elsewhere.

Scythe by Neal Shusterman

A world with no hunger, no disease, no war, no misery. Humanity has conquered all those things, and has even conquered death. Now scythes are the only ones who can end life - and they are commanded to do so, in order to keep the size of the population under control.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he'll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist.


I may or may not have gone a little overboard with my hold requests for new titles, but hopefully they won't all come in at the same time and I can catch up on my reading!

4 comments:

  1. I loved Six of Crows. I'm not a huge fantasy reader, but it was amazing and easy to get in to. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that you remain optimistic. That your joining proved worthwhile. Scythe sounds good.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. Enjoy your new reads from the library. :) I should pick up books from the library... but I don't always read fast enough before I have to return them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u