My Book Haul 3/18/2017 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 3/18/2017

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 18, 2017

My Book Haul 3/18/2017

Pretend I'm Not Here, Hit The Ground Running, Pretty Fierce, Norse Mythology, and The Secret
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

Not my usual type of read, but I'm becoming more interested in politics lately and this sounded intriguing.

Pretend I'm Not Here by Barbara Feinman Todd
Pretend I'm Not Here by Barbara Feinman Todd

An accomplished former ghostwriter and book researcher who worked with Bob Woodward, Carl Bernstein, Ben Bradlee, and Hillary Clinton goes behind-the-scenes of the national’s capital to tell the story of how she survived the exciting, but self-important and self-promoting world of the Beltway. (Goodreads)

NetGalley:

I really, really need to stop opening the emails NetGalley sends me....

Hit the Ground Running by Mark Burley
Hit the Ground Running by Mark Burley

Eric might not be getting along with his family - or anyone else, for that matter - but if you ask him, boarding school in another country was uncalled for. So be it. Do the time and get out. Flow like water. But when his parents are abducted because of a secret research project they tried to leave behind, Eric realises they weren’t punishing him, they were hiding him. And now they’re gone. (Goodreads)

***

Pretty Fierce by Kieran Scott
Pretty Fierce by Kieran Scott

An action-packed, edge-of-your-seat novel about a teen who, when backed into a corner, fights back, from the author of What Waits in the Woods. (Goodreads)

Purchased:

Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors, so his new books are more or less an automatic buy for me. And since I know more about the Greek gods than the Norse, looking forward to reading this!

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman

Introducing an instant classic - master storyteller Neil Gaiman presents a dazzling version of the great Norse myths. (Goodreads)

Gift:

I did a book exchange in one of my Facebook groups recently and asked to be surprised. This was one of my exchange partner's favorite books. Not my usual type of read, but always interested in other reader's faves!

The Secret by Kathryn Hughes
The Secret by Kathryn Hughes

From the #1 bestselling author of The Letter comes The Secret - a heartbreaking novel of tragedy, hope and second chances. (Goodreads)




What did you receive this week?


8 comments:

  1. Those NetGalley emails can be dangerous. You got some great books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NetGalley will be my downfall one of these days! lol

      Delete
  2. Hit the Ground Running sounds awesome. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my usual type of read, but love the sound of it!

      Delete
  3. Oooo. Some really good books! Hope you enjoy them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm hoping they're all good!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u