Saturday, February 25, 2017

My Book Haul 2/25/17

The Day I Died by Lori Rader-Day, The Mermaid's Daughter by Ann Claycomb, and The Fall of Lisa Bellow by Susan Perabo

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

An interesting assortment of titles have found their way to my mailbox this year. Outside my usual genres, but all look intriguing!


The Day I Died by Lori Rader-Day
The Day I Died by Lori Rader-Day

Anna Winger knows people better than they know themselves with only a glance - at their handwriting. Hired by companies seeking trustworthy employees and by the lovelorn hoping to find happiness, Anna likes to keep the real mess of other people’s lives at arm’s length and on paper. But when she is called to use her expertise on a ransom note left behind at a murder scene in the small town she and her son have recently moved to, the crime inevitably gets under Anna’s skin.

***

The Mermaid's Daughter by Ann Claycomb
The Mermaid's Daughter by Ann Claycomb

A modern-day expansion of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Little Mermaid, this unforgettable debut novel weaves a spellbinding tale of magic and the power of love as a descendent of the original mermaid fights the terrible price of saving herself from a curse that has affected generations of women in her family.

***

The Fall of Lisa Bellow by Susan Perabo
The Fall of Lisa Bellow by Susan Perabo

When a middle school girl is abducted in broad daylight, a fellow student and witness to the crime copes with the tragedy in an unforgettable way.

What happens to the girl left behind?





What did you receive this week?

3 comments:

  1. I keep seeing The Mermaid's Daughter around. I'm curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I really like the look of The Day I Died. Definitely one to keep a look out for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. These books are all new to me. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete