Monday, October 3, 2016

September 2016 Wrap Up

Another meh month. Seem to have been in a rut for awhile. Hoping I can get my groove back, and soon!

So another month bites the dust. Let's see how I did!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 10 books this month:

  1. Doubt Factory by Paolo Bacigalupi
  2. Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
  3. Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies
  4. Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists
  5. Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide
  6. Apprentice in Death by JD Robb
  7. Gifted Dead by Jenna Black
  8. That Night by Chevy Stevens
  9. Keep This, Toss That by Jamie Novak
  10. The Bitch Is Back by Cathi Hanauer


September Reviews

None. I had plans and even drafted some reviews, but didn't actually get around to writing them.

Commenting

Didn't do very well in this category either, but have started out strong for October so fingers crossed I can keep up my momentum!

Overall

Another meh month for me. While I vaguely knew that I had been in a blogging slump, I didn't realize that it's been going on for so long. I've been in a slump for almost the entire year! Wow!

Joined the Blog Ahead Challenge to get me back on track with posting since I've done the hard part of reading the books, now I just need to start writing my reviews. Going to reward myself with Halloween candy if I complete the challenge! Yay for bribes!

I also joined an online service called Skillshare to take some productivity classes in the hopes that I might actually learn something. Signed up for several other interesting looking classes as well. There are a few free classes, but most of them fall under the Premium tier. You can sign up for a trial basis of 3 months for only 99 cents, which is what I'm doing.


8 comments:

  1. I love Chevy Stevens! Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Freda! Hope you have a great month too!

      Delete
  2. Which of those ten was your favorite? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a tough one, Shannon! Maybe Apprentice in Death because I'm so invested in that series and love all of the characters. But have to say that they were all good reads, even the book on cleaning out your house!

      Delete
  3. Maybe the months will go easier now that the weathers changing. :) Hope you have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, Michelle! Hope you have a lovely Fall!

      Delete
  4. Grief, where has the year gone?

    Another wonderful selection. I'll be sure to let my friend know about these Hogwart books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I keep looking around and wondering where the year went? The Hogwarts books were fast, fun reads so I hope your friend enjoys them!

      Delete