My Book Haul 10/16/2016 | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul 10/16/2016

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, October 16, 2016

My Book Haul 10/16/2016

A Shattered Empire, A Simple Favor, Miss You
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was a surprise in my mailbox. The final installation of a series I haven't read, not really sure why it turned up on my doorstep.

A Shattered Empire by Mitchell Hogan
A Shattered Empire by Mitchell Hogan

In this gritty and breathtaking conclusion to the Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, the award-winning fantasy series, a young sorcerer must learn to wield his extraordinary powers to defeat two warring empires.


Edelweiss:

Saw these two titles during the HarperCollins Winter Blogger Preview Event and was happy when my Edelweiss requests were finally approved! Outside my usual genres, they both sound like fascinating reads!

A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell
A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell

She’s your best friend.
She knows all your secrets.
That’s why she’s so dangerous.
A single mother's life is turned upside down when her best friend vanishes in this chilling debut thriller in the vein of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train

***

Miss You by Kate Eberlen
Miss You by Kate Eberlen

A wryly romantic debut novel with echoes of One Day that asks, what if you just walked by the love of your life, but didn’t even know it?









What did you receive this week?



3 comments:

  1. I haven't done any book hauls in a really long time! I recently bought a copy of The Secret Life of Bees. I can't wait to read it :)

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh tes, liking the sound of Edelweiss

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u