Blog Ahead October 2016 | Alexia's Books and Such...: Blog Ahead October 2016

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Blog Ahead October 2016

This challenge it's all about getting ahead and giving yourself a blogging buffer. Running from Oct 1-31, the goal is to schedule 30 new blog posts!
Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup is once again hosting Blog Ahead! I love this event because even if I don't get all of my planned posts scheduled, even one post is better than none and I get a nice feeling of accomplishment!

The Challenge

This challenge it's all about getting ahead and giving yourself a blogging buffer.

It's amazing how much having extra scheduled posts can make during emergencies, vacations or just when dealing plain ol' blogging slumps. It can really cut the stress during every day blogging as well.  And what better way to get ahead than with the support of other bloggers? (source)


The Details

The challenge begins October 1, 2016 and ends October 31, 2016.

Anyone can join and all are welcome!

The goal is to increase the number of your scheduled posts by 30. 
For instance, if you already have 5 scheduled posts, you should end the challenge with 35 scheduled posts. If you have 15 posts already scheduled, you need to end the month with 45 scheduled. Or if you're like me, you have zero scheduled so need to write 30 new posts. It's good to have goals!

My Goal

1-2 discussion posts

6+ memes

pending reviews:
  • Lost Gods
  • Bitch Is Back
  • Elixer
  • View From the Cheap Seats
  • Killfile
  • Everything She Forgot
  • How To Save The World
  • Chasing Embers
  • Progeny
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
  • Girl on the Run
  • Dark Matter
  • The Ones
  • Girl From the Sea
  • Hawkweed Prophecy
  • Unraveled
  • Gifted Dead

This is just to get me started. I know I probably won't get all of these scheduled and written, but even one scheduled post is a good thing! 

I've already started the easy part and have set up drafts for my reviews and recurring memes, so now I need to buckle down and do the hard part of actually writing something.

For more details and to sign up for the challenge, go visit Anna's blog!


8 comments:

  1. Good luck! I think I'd melt down if I had to prepare blogs in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Scrambling to write a post at the last minute isn't working for me, so hopefully this will give me the kick in the butt I need to get back on track. I've done this challenge before and love how having a cushion takes the pressure off!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Whittling down the list even a little is always awesome :D I've got my plan as well and probably WAY over ambitious but I'll be happy with even a quarter of them :D

    Best of luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! So glad you're hosting this challenge again!

      Delete
  3. I created a template for my memes that I think {hope} is going to help me get through a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I've set up my book haul templates for the rest of the year and going to do the same thing with my other memes.

      Delete
  4. Your pending reviews list looks like mine! ;) I hope we both get a lot of posts done for Blog Ahead. It'll be nice to have a big chunk of posts ready to go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love having a big cushion to help take the pressure off! Now I just have to make it happen. :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u