30 Days of Books, Days 9-14 | Alexia's Books and Such: 30 Days of Books, Days 9-14

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

30 Days of Books, Days 9-14

30 Days of Books, Days 9-14
Jenni Elyse is hosting a fun 30 Days of Books event! I'm not posting every day, just thought it was too fun to pass up so will be posting here and there.

A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. A co-worker wanted to read this, so challenged me to read it so we could compare notes afterwards. I'm not big on classics but caved to her pleas and wound up really enjoying the story! Too bad she never read it and I had no one to discuss it with.

Favorite classic

Little Women, as it was the first book that made me cry. Haven't read it in years, but I still remember sitting on the couch, bawling my eyes out, shocked that a book could actually make me cry.


A book you hated

The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller. I was working in a bookstore when this book exploded. Since it was not my usual type of read, I kept my mouth shut while my customers raved about how much they loved it.

Then a friend tried to give me a copy. No thank you. Then someone else gave me a copy, so I finally picked it up to see what all the fuss was about. Didn't get very far before I felt like throwing up. I don't think I've ever had such a violent reaction to a book before, but I couldn't even get through the first chapter. Hated, hated, hated it! Ugh!

A book you used to love but don’t anymore

I honestly can't think of any book that I used to love but no longer enjoy, but it's been awhile since I've been able to reread a book. Probably the Harlequin romances I used to devour in Junior High School, as they were pretty silly even back then.

Your favorite writer

Only one? That doesn't seem fair, as I have so many on my Must Read list! Um....Neil Gaiman? He's the complete package: tall, dark, and British! Not to mention witty and extremely talented. Yum!

Favorite book of your favorite writer

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. This was the first book I'd ever read where I had been to several of the locations mentioned in the book. That really stuck with me and made a huge impact on me.



Previous 30 Days of Books posts:


1 comment:

  1. Note to self: avoid Bridges of Madison County.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u