30 Days of Books, Days 15-19 | Alexia's Books and Such...: 30 Days of Books, Days 15-19

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, June 10, 2016

30 Days of Books, Days 15-19

Jenni Elyse is hosting a fun 30 Days of Books event! I'm not posting every day, just thought it was too fun to pass up so am posting here and there.


Favorite male character

The male lead of whatever book I'm currently reading. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have a favorite actor or singer either.

Favorite female character

See above.


Favorite quote(s) from your favorite book(s)

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ~ Neil Gaiman (Coraline)

A book that disappointed you

At the risk of having tomatoes thrown at my head, the middle books of the Harry Potter series were a little disappointing for me. Way too long and felt like filler instead of the concise, tight plot of the first book.

Favorite book turned into a movie

Have to admit that I'm one of those people who doesn't usually go see the movie if I liked the book. If I had to choose, I'd pick Brotherhood of the Rose. I actually saw the movie first and liked it so much that I read the book. This led me to the author, David Morrell, who became one of my favorite authors!

Previous 30 Days of Books posts:


2 comments:

  1. Aw, I have a theory that if you see the film adaption first and it's good enough to make you pick up the book that you'll like them both. However, if you read the book first you'll not like the movie. Maybe that's what happened with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to watch the movie first, that way it's not spoiled by the book.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u