My Book Haul 5/7/16 | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul 5/7/16

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 7, 2016

My Book Haul 5/7/16

My Book Haul | Alexia's Books and Such
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This is one of the excerpts from the Spring Buzz Books that I really fell in love with, so I was thrilled when the publisher offered me a review copy! At over 700 pages, it's a long one. Hope it's worth it!

The Fireman by Joe Hill
The Fireman by Joe Hill

No one knows exactly when it began or where it originated. A terrifying new plague is spreading like wildfire across the country, striking cities one by one: Boston, Detroit, Seattle. 

The doctors call it Draco Incendia Trychophyton. To everyone else it’s Dragonscale, a highly contagious, deadly spore that marks its hosts with beautiful black and gold marks across their bodies - before causing them to burst into flames. Millions are infected; blazes erupt everywhere. There is no antidote. No one is safe. (Goodreads) 

***
This one is a little embarrassing, as I didn't mean to request it. I started to submit a request, then realized the stories were inspired by Jane Eyre, not Jane Austen. Guess it went through anyway as this showed up on my doorstep. I love anthologies and who knows, maybe I'll enjoy these stories more than the original!

Reader, I Married Him edited by Tracy Chevalier
Reader, I Married Him edited by Tracy Chevalier

This collection of original stories by today’s finest women writers - including Tracy Chevalier, Francine Prose, Elizabeth McCracken, Tessa Hadley, Audrey Niffenegger, and more - takes inspiration from a line in Charlotte Brontë’s most beloved novel, Jane Eyre. (Goodreads)

NetGalley:

So excited to see the new Buzz Books are finally out! Love discovering new authors this way!

Buzz Books 2016 Fall/Winter

The ninth Buzz Books edition evokes all the excitement of BEA with substantial excerpts from 40 of the most highly-touted books to be published this fall/winter. Our “digital convention” features such major authors as Amor Towles, Christina Baker Kline, T.C. Boyle, Ann Patchett, Maria Semple, Marisa Silver, and Andrew Gross. We showcase sparkling debuts from soon-to-become literary stars such as Emily Fridlund, Thomas Hill, Elan Mastai, and Stephanie Gangi. (Goodreads)

***

Buzz Books 2016 YA Fall/Winter
Buzz Books 2016 YA Fall/Winter

This fifth edition of Buzz Books: Young Adult includes substantial pre-publication excerpts from 20 forthcoming young adult and middle grade books. Now everyone can share the same access to the newest YA voices the publishing industry is broadcasting for the fall/winter season.

Free ebooks:


At the beginning of every month, I receive an email with available books as part of the Kindle First program offered to Prime members. I try not to look at these because I have more than enough books to read already, but this one piqued my interest before I could avert my eyes.

Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison

Near an isolated mansion lies a beautiful garden.

In this garden grow luscious flowers, shady trees…and a collection of precious “butterflies”—young women who have been kidnapped and intricately tattooed to resemble their namesakes. Overseeing it all is the Gardener, a brutal, twisted man obsessed with capturing and preserving his lovely specimens. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?







4 comments:

  1. A friend already read and loved The Fireman! I hope you enjoy it just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence, yours is the third blog I've come across this morning which features Reader, I Married Him. A great selection, of all the books you feature it is The Butterfly Garden that I really like the sound of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want The Fireman so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u