My Book Haul 5/28/16 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 5/28/16

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 28, 2016

My Book Haul 5/28/16

My Book Haul 5/28/16 | Behind Closed Doors, Elixir, The View From the Cheap Seats, Unwanted, Everybody Sees the Ants, Every Exquisite Thing, Sorta Like a Rock Star, Boy21, Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

What's funny is that May was going to be my catch-up month. I wasn't going to accept any new review requests so I could finish the reviews I had already committed to and start reading what I wanted, when I wanted. That lasted about a week and a half. I am weak.

For Review:

This was an email request from Wunderkind PR and I made the mistake of reading the excerpt. Oh my gosh! Sounded so freaking good that I had to say yes!

Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.... The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.... 

The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?

***

This was another email review request that I couldn't resist. Not sure how I got on their radar, but was thrilled to accept! Love fairies!

Elixer by Ruth Vincent
Elixir by Ruth Vincent

Mabily "Mab" Jones is just a twenty-something, over-educated, under-employed New Yorker trying to survive as a private eye's unpaid intern . . . or is she? Once a powerful fairy, but tricked by the Fairy Queen into human form, Mab is forced to face her changeling past when investigating a missing person case at a modern speakeasy.

***

Neil Gaiman. 'Nuff said.

The View From the Cheap Seats by Neil Gaiman

An enthralling collection of nonfiction essays on a myriad of topics - from art and artists to dreams, myths, and memories - observed in Neil Gaiman’s probing, amusing, and distinctive style.

NetGalley:

The minute I saw this available on NetGalley, I had to request it! I mean, c'mon, it's Jennifer Estep! One of my favorite authors! 'Nuff said.

Unwanted by Jennifer Estep
Unwanted by Jennifer Estep

The New York Times bestselling Elemental Assassin series continues with a new e-novella -- from the point of view of Finnegan Lane, the foster brother of Gin Blanco, and a fan favorite of readers of the series.


Won:

Was excited to find out I had won the April NOVL box! I missed the original email, so thank goodness they sent me a reminder before going to the next name on the list!

April 2016 NOVL box
Love the author letter, complete with little turtle doodles at the bottom! 

April 2016 NOVL box. Great reads and turtles. So many, many turtles!
Awesome new reads, a couple of Charles Bukowski vinyl stickers, a cool magnet, a great tote, and some plastic turtles. So many, many turtles!

Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King
Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick
Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick
Boy21 by Matthew Quick
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick


Kindle Freebie:

I know I shouldn't look at the free ebooks, but this one caught my eye. Don't judge.

Hell is Coming by N.P. Martin
Hell is Coming by N.P. Martin

Leia Swanson has always believed in monsters, especially after one killed her parents when she was seven years old. Now eighteen, Leia is being forced to confront those same monsters when they suddenly become part of her every day existence. Her life now turned upside down, she is drawn into a world of demons and the supernatural, where she must learn to fight for her life.



What did you receive this week?







1 comment:

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u