Happy Blogoversary! My Seven Year Itch | Alexia's Books and Such: Happy Blogoversary! My Seven Year Itch

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Happy Blogoversary! My Seven Year Itch

So. Seven years. How on earth have seven years gone by already?

It was seven years ago today
That I started up this blog to play
It's been going in and out of style
But I hope that it's raised a smile
So may I introduce to you
The blog you've known for all these years
Alexia's Books and Such book blog

Sincere apologies to both The Beatles and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!

So. Seven years. How on earth have seven years gone by already?

When I first started this blog, I assumed it would last six months or so. I usually lose interest in new hobbies between six months to a year, so I'm as surprised as anyone that I've made it to the seven year mark!

There have been plenty of bumps and bruises along the way, with burn-out and blog breaks, but here we are. Seven years! Wow.

Truth be told, I'm still in a bit of a rough patch. The spark is still there, just dimmed a little. I think it may be partly due to accepting too many review copies and having to read books on a schedule instead of when I want.

I told a friend during an online chat that I wasn't going to accept any new review copies this month in order to get back on track. That resolve lasted about a week and a half.

What can I say, I have a hard time resisting the bright and the shiny and the new.

If you think about it, that's sort of why I started Alexia's Books and Such in the first place. I couldn't resist reading new books and wanting to talk about them with my fellow book lovers.

Seven years. I'm still shaking my head in wonder.

My very first post was one of my favorite quotes:


Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. 
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx



Followed by my first book review, of Vision in White by Nora Roberts. Wish I could write short reviews like that again but it seems that the longer I review, the longer my reviews become.

Having written over 1,000 posts you'd think I'd have the hang of things by now but no, I still consider my review style a work in progress. Maybe I'll get there one day.

If what the psychologists say about the seven year mark is true, then I guess you're stuck with me. Sorry!

Here's to good friends, good books, and good wine.

Cheers!




8 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary! Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 7th blogoversary!! Quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Time really does fly by!

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy to be stuck with you!! Happy 7 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I missed this! Happy seven years! I'm so glad to have gotten to know you over the years. You were one of my first group of blogging friends when I started 7 years ago (in August). Looks like a lasting friendship!

    Wishing you many more years of happy, and proud, blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u