Saturday, April 16, 2016

My Book Haul 4/16/16

 Black Dog by Caitlin Kittredge, Grim Tidings by Caitlin Kittredge, Relentless by Tera Lynn Childs, and Girl on the Run by Daryl Wood Gerber

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was an email offer that sounded intriguing, but I was surprised to receive the first book in the series as well as the one requested for review! I can't believe I haven't read Caitlin Kittredge before!

Black Dog by Caitlin Kittredge
Black Dog by Caitlin Kittredge

The first installment in a fabulous dark urban fantasy series - think Kill Bill with demons and gangsters instead of martial arts - from the award-winning author of the Iron Codex trilogy and Vertigo comic Coffin Hill...(Goodreads)

***

Grim Tidings by Caitlin Kittredge
Grim Tidings by Caitlin Kittredge

In this thrilling sequel to Black Dog - award-winning Caitlin Kittredge’s dark urban fantasy series, Hellhound Chronicles - a soul catcher must stop demonic monsters from her past from infecting the world. (Goodreads)

NetGalley:

Since I can't seem to stop requesting books from NetGalley's irresistible email offers, guess I'll just need to start reading faster. *sigh*

Relentless by Tera Lynn Childs
Relentless by Tera Lynn Childs

Revenge is easy, but justice is worth fighting for…

Kenna is tired of being lied to - and hunted by the very allies she once trusted. Unearthing the dark secrets of the superhero world has not only endangered her life, now her boyfriend faces execution for crimes he didn’t commit and her mother is being held captive in a secret governmental prison. (Goodreads)


***


Girl on the Run by Daryl Wood Gerber
Girl on the Run by Daryl Wood Gerber

When a fairytale fantasy night becomes a nightmare, Chessa Paxton must run for her life...but will the truth set her free? (Goodreads)




What did you receive this week?






4 comments:

  1. Ooo! The Hellhound Chronicles sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the cover of Black Dog. Not so sure about the title though given that many people describe depression as the 'Black Dog'. Of all of your haul it is however Girl On The Run that appeal to me. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not started the series by Caitlin Kittredge yet. I've enjoyed another series for her. This one looks good. Hope you enjoy them. :)

    Oh! I wanted to let you know that Scott Sigler is sharing the audiobook in chapters each week of ALIGHT on his site. :) You can listen to the book for free! I remember you listened to the first book, ALIVE. :D

    ReplyDelete