My Book Haul 3/5/2016 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 3/5/2016

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 5, 2016

My Book Haul 3/5/2016

My Book Haul | Alexia's Books and Such
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was a surprise in my mailbox. I love book surprises!

 photo Cold20Between.jpg
Cold Between by Elizabeth Bonesteel

When her crewmate Danny is murdered on the colony of Volhynia, Central Corps engineer Commander Elena Shaw is shocked to learn the main suspect is her lover, Treiko Zajec. She knows Trey is innocent - he was with her when Danny was killed. So who is the real killer and why are the cops framing an innocent man?

***
As we get older, we start to wonder about the aging process and if there's any way to turn back the clock. My preferences lean more towards actual lifestyle changes more than diets, so this one sounds intriguing.

 photo Well Path.jpg
The Well Path by Jame Heskett

Lose twenty pounds and reverse the aging process in just sixty days with this clinically proven, holistic lifestyle plan from an anti-aging expert whose clients include some of New York City’s most successful women.

***

I seem to be drawn to the odd and quirky. This collection of short stories sounds very odd and quirky. I can't wait to read it!

 photo Little20is20left20to20tell.jpg
Little is Left to Tell by Steven Hendricks

Readers enter a narrative rabbit hole through bedtime stories that Mr. Fin, a man with dementia, conjures for his long-lost son.

Purchased:

This was my Kindle First choice this month. Because I'm an Amazon Prime member, I can download one new title at the start of every month. I've skipped some months because none of the selections appealed to me, but this one sounded good and I liked the excerpt!

 photo Orchids amp Stone.jpg
Orchids and Stone by Lisa Preston

Daphne Mayfield sought a moment of quiet in a park - a break from city life, a tense relationship, and chronic overwork - but then an elderly woman makes a desperate plea. Daphne is reluctant to get involved when she’s not sure what’s happening, but she wants to help the stranger. Is the rambling old lady the victim of a crime or a victim of dementia?

NetGalley:

I really need a NetGalley intervention or something! NetGalley, I wish I knew how to quit you. *sigh*

 photo Diary20of20Anna.jpg
Diary of Anna the Girl Witch by Max Candee

Set in the Swiss countryside, “Diary of Anna the Girl Witch” blends ancient folklore with a classic coming of age tale about a young witch on the brink of womanhood.



What did you receive this week?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u