Saturday, February 6, 2016

My Book Haul 2/6/16

Daughter of Blood by Helen Lowe, Blood of Innocents by Mitchell Hogan, The Progeny by Tosca Lee, Buzz Books 2016 Spring/Summer, Ghost Gifts by Laura Spinelli, Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead by Christiana Miller, Twelve Months by Steven Manchester, Invasion by Sean Platt, and Crystal Magic by Madeline Freeman

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was a surprise in my mailbox. Book surprises are always nice, but this is book 3 in a trilogy and I haven't read the first two. Wonder if it will stand on it's own?

Daughter of Blood by Helen Lowe
Daughter of Blood by Helen Lowe

Malian of Night and Kalan, her trusted ally, are returning to the Wall of Night - but already it may be too late. The Wall is dangerously weakened, the Nine Houses of the Derai fractured by rivalry and hate. And now, the Darkswarm is rising . . .


***

Another surprise in my mailbox! This is book 2 of a series I haven't read. I've been good with writing review titles down, so know I didn't request this one either. Maybe the book gods want me to branch out a little? We'll see.

Blood of Innocents by Mitchell Hogan
Blood of Innocents by Mitchell Hogan

A novice sorcerer may hold the key to saving his world - or be the instrument of its destruction - in this second book in the Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, a mesmerizing saga of high fantasy that combines magic, malevolence, and mystery.

NetGalley:

This is one of the books from the latest YA Buzz Books that really grabbed my attention. Hope that the story is as good as the excerpt!

The Progeny by Tosca Lee
The Progeny by Tosca Lee

New York Times bestselling author Tosca Lee brings a modern twist to an ancient mystery surrounding the most notorious female serial killer of all time. A fast-paced thriller for fans of Ted Dekker’s The Books of Mortals, Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code, and BBC America’s hit series Orphan Black.

***

Can't resist the Buzz Book samplers! My favorite way to discover great, new authors!


Buzz Books 2016 Spring/Summer
Buzz Books 2016 Spring/Summer

Our eighth Buzz Books edition evokes all the excitement of Winter Institute with substantial pre-publication excerpts from 40 adult titles. 

Enjoy access to the newest voices the publishing industry is broadcasting for the upcoming season as you discover breakout books from established authors, sparkling debuts from soon-to-become literary stars, and fascinating memoirs and inspirational nonfiction.

nook Freebies:

Can't seem to resist those free ebooks, especially on Freebie Friday! Here are the latest additions to my nook library:

Twelve Months by Steven Manchester
Invasion by Sean Platt
Crystal Magic by Madeline Freeman

And a new Kindle ebook to boot! This was my February freebie pick for being an Amazon Prime member.

Ghost Gifts by Laura Spinelli




What did you receive this week?






5 comments:

  1. It's so difficult to resist freebies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul. I love freebies because it's how I discover new authors.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just just convinced me to request Tosca Lee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, what a wonderful selection. The Progeny really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh. You have my attention on those books. Nice! Hope you enjoy them when you get to reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete