January 2016 Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such: January 2016 Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January 2016 Wrap Up

January 2016 Wrap Up
My month in review. Let's see how I did!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 6 books this month so I'm behind already. But on the bright side, that's more books than I've been reading so I'm on the right track!

  1. The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa
  2. Pawn's Gambit by Timothy Zahn
  3. Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster
  4. Knight's Fall by Angela Henry
  5. Firstlife by Gena Showalter
  6. Buzz Books YA Spring/Summer 2016

January Reviews

Pawn's Gambit by Timothy Zahn
Knight's Fall by Angela Henry

On the Blog 

Took part in the Winter mini-Bloggiesta in the middle of the month. While I didn't complete all of my goals, got a good start.

Also took part in the January Review-a-Thon in order to catch up on some of my outstanding book reviews. Despite my best efforts, I always seem to fall behind with my reviews.


Overall

It's been a long process, but I'm slowly climbing out of my blogging rut. Inspired by Emily's Bloggiesta mini-challenge, I've started a bullet journal and hoping that it will help. Going to keep a monthly TBR list as well as a reading challenge list. Maybe having them right in front of me will work better than tracking them online.

I'm also going to be taking part in the Month of Letters Challenge in February. I've tried this challenge before and usually run out of steam pretty fast, but I'm determined to write/mail something every day this time! The rules say that postcards are okay, so that should make things easier. Even joined a pen pal group on Facebook, but shoot me an email at alexia561(at)yahoo(dot)com if you'd like a postcard!








5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're coming out of your rut. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the Iron books! I never finished that series! And Month of Letters.. sigh. I guess I'm not doing that this month for the first time since it started. Good luck with your stab at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the Iron books! I never finished that series! And Month of Letters.. sigh. I guess I'm not doing that this month for the first time since it started. Good luck with your stab at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are starting to come out of the rut. :) It's tough and live likes to throw twists at you along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did good though, almost on track so you can still catch up.
    I'm reading The Iron Warrior now.
    Happy February!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u