Friday, February 12, 2016

Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Spring/Summer #BookReview

 photo Buzz Bks YA Spring.jpgTitle:  Buzz Books 2016: YA Spring/Summer
Release Date:  January 14, 2016
Publisher:  Publishers Lunch
Source:  netGalley

This fourth edition of Buzz Books: Young Adult provides substantial pre-publication excerpts from 20 forthcoming young adult books. Now everyone can share the same access to the newest YA voices the publishing industry is broadcasting for the spring/summer season.(Goodreads)

My Review:

Buzz Books are one of my favorite ways to discover new-to-me books and authors! 

While I may not read every single word of every single sample, I read enough to know if I'm going to like the story or not. That's the beauty of these samplers - there's something for everyone!


Here are the samples that stood out for me this time:

My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows. A retelling of Lady Jane Grey's story, but with a shapeshifter twist! The excerpt was incredibly intriguing, and I'm a sucker for anything to do with the King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I era!

Didn't think I would like The Progeny (by Tosca Lee) after reading the synopsis, but the excerpt really grabbed my interest! It's about a descendant of a notorious serial killer who is being hunted by a mysterious group. Sounds like a fascinating thriller, and I've already requested a review copy!

Another surprise was how much I enjoyed And I Darken by Kiersten White. A historical novel set in the 15th century, featuring the children of Vlad the Impaler. I don't usually read historicals, but the characters really leapt off the page!

Already looking forward to the Fall/Winter sampler, as I love discovering new reads!






3 comments:

  1. I didn't know about some of these! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to all three that you mentioned! I'm glad that you shared your thoughts about the samplers. I'm bad about reading them and tend to just go with what I'm drawn to by description and cover only. I know that I would have even more on my list if I actually read the samplers. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle reading these samplers as I want the rest of the book now. lol. Hope you get those you are looking forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete