Secret Santa Exchange Goodies | Alexia's Books and Such...: Secret Santa Exchange Goodies

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Secret Santa Exchange Goodies

Secret Santa exchanges are one of my favorite Christmas activities, as there's just something wonderfully fun about shopping for a fellow book lover! I took part in two bookish exchanges this past holiday, and wanted to share what I received.

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
The exchange hosted by The Broke & the Bookish is one of my favorites! Can you believe it's been six years already? Wow!

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
I was good and actually waited until Christmas morning to open my goodies!

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
The Order of Deacons trilogy by Philippa Ballantine, a cool bookmark, teabags, and the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. I had the first book of The Order of Deacons on my wishlist, so Lynette was nice enough to send me the trilogy in one volume! And I had asked for something from their favorite author or their favorite book, so was happy to see the Sanderson books! I've never read him, so excited to jump right in! And I've been warned that the books are addicting!

***

I also took part in a Facebook exchange hosted by Michelle from the True Book Addict. This is the second year that Michelle has hosted the exchange and I love that it's a fun, low-key exchange!

my FB exchange goodies!
I tried to save the wrapping paper as it's an awesome book print!

my FB exchange goodies!
Garden Spells was on my wishlist, and Samantha was nice enough to include a cool bookmark and blank book. I collect both, so thank you! And the coolest part is that the greeting card will grow wildflowers when planted!

Excited to start reading my new books, and already looking forward to next year's exchange!

6 comments:

  1. Fun! I hope you like Garden Spells. I love that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I can't remember who recommended Garden Spells to me, but it sounds like a great read!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great to get such neat surprise gifts in the mail? Kudos and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh so many goodies!!! I love these kind of surprises, maybe one day I will participate in something as this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, such a great selection. One day I WILL get around to arranging an exchange for UK participants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to join these this year, but I always seem to be a bit strapped for cash at the holiday's, this year was the worst for it.

    Hope you love them all! I know I read several of the first package and really enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u