My Journals: Borders remnants & a bullet journal | Alexia's Books and Such: My Journals: Borders remnants & a bullet journal
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Journals: Borders remnants & a bullet journal

It's not hoarding, it's a collection!

Blank journals are another weakness of mine. Even though I have an entire cabinet full of journals, I can't seem to stop collecting them! Not sure what I'm going to do with them all, but I can't seem to make it out of a bookstore with at least one.

 photo Borders20060.jpg

When Borders was having their final sales before closing, I stocked up on blank journals.

 photo Borders20061.jpg

They've been sitting in my cabinet ever since, as they're pretty plain & boring.

 photo Borders20062.jpg   photo Borders20063.jpg

Some of them are lined and some are blank.


 photo BuJo202.jpg

Finally decided to pull one out, decorate with washi tape, and start a bullet journal! Was inspired by Emily's Bloggiesta mini-challenge and so far, so good! Had these for so long that the sticker on the front left a mark, but since this is my first one I'm considering it practice so no big deal.

I even took a page out of her book and set up a TBR list for February! Just seeing it written out helps me remember which books I need to read this month. Most of my lists are online, but think I might need physical reminders too.

I've joined a few Facebook groups for bullet journal ideas, am following a few blogs, and set up a Pinterest page. Getting lots of good ideas, even though it's a little daunting because I'm, shall we say, artistically challenged? :)








4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, what is the bullet journaling you speak of? I'll have to follow your link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another way to keep organized. I'm using it mainly to keep lists because I have a separate planner for appts and such, but it's amazing how beautiful some of the journals are!The original is at http://bulletjournal.com/. It's actually fun!

      Delete
  2. Bullet journaling? Woo-hoo, another great excuse for yet more stationary. Like you I also have a weakness for journals and, if I remember correctly, pens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your journals. I can't seem to get enough to keep around here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u