My Book Haul 1/9/2016 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 1/9/2016
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Book Haul 1/9/2016

My Book Haul 1/9/2016 | Alexia's Books and Such

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

Saw this one on Amazon Vine and it sounded too good to resist! It's an older title so a little surprised to see that ARCs were still available, but looking forward to reading this debut!

Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang

On the day Liz Emerson tries to die, they had reviewed Newton’s laws of motion in physics class. Then, after school, she put them into practice by running her Mercedes off the road. (Goodreads)


NetGalley:

While I've been pretty good at staying away from browsing NetGalley, I still haven't learned to trash their emails without opening them first. They get me every single time!

Firstlife by Gena Showalter
Firstlife by Gena Showalter

Tenley “Ten” Lockwood is an average seventeen-year-old girl…who has spent the past thirteen months locked inside the Prynne Asylum. The reason? Not her obsession with numbers, but her refusal to let her parents choose where she’ll live - after she dies. (Goodreads)

***

Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster
Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster

He's the hottest MMA fighter in the game, but one woman is ready to try out a few steamy moves of her own in an unforgettable new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster. (Goodreads)

***

Pawn's Gambit by Timothy Zahn
Pawn's Gambit by Timothy Zahn

This collection showcases the career-launching short fiction of Timothy Zahn, acclaimed author of Blackcollar, the Quadrail series, and the #1 New York Times bestseller Star Wars: Heir to the Empire. (Goodreads)


Purchased:

Well, it's finally happened. I've crossed to the Dark Side. Yes, I now have a Kindle! Santa brought me one for Christmas and who am I to say no to Santa? I found an old nook cover to use and it sorta, kinda fits. I still like my nook Glowlight better, but the Kindle Paperwhite isn't bad. I don't like that Kindle books don't have page numbers, but I'll get used to it. Still feel like I'm betraying my nooks though....

 photo kindle20001.jpg photo kindle20002.jpg
Should have put this under gifts instead of purchases, but oh well. I did have to buy a charger so that counts, right?

***

Look who I found!
Barnsie!
Barnsie! 
Love Barnsie, and so excited that Barnes & Noble brought him back! Wanted the giant one, but don't think da hubby would have appreciated me spending $40 on a teddy bear...

Won:

Won two copies of Rook by Sharon Cameron from the #IGiftYA giveaway over the holidays. Don't think I would have picked this one up on my own, but it sounds intriguing!

Rook by Sharon Cameron
Rook by Sharon Cameron

History has a way of repeating itself. In the Sunken City that was once Paris, all who oppose the new revolution are being put to the blade. Except for those who disappear from their prison cells, a red-tipped rook feather left in their place. Is the mysterious Red Rook a savior of the innocent or a criminal? (Goodreads)




What did you receive this week?







2 comments:

  1. Yay! You got a Kindle! I have an old kindle and still works, I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hisss. Hisss... You got a kindle!? LOL! Just kidding. I picked up the Nook Samsung tablet last year so I could download the Kindle app on it. *sigh* Best of both worlds, I guess.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u