Thursday, December 31, 2015

Blogger Shame Review Challenge

Oh the shame! The sad, sad Blogger Shame!

If you've been blogging for a while chances are you have a few (or more than a few lol) review books that have slipped through the cracks. Eeps! The Blogger Shame Review Challenge - cohosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup and Addicted to Happily Ever After - is all about dusting off all of those forgotten review books and making them happen! (website)


Sad to say but I've got more than a few *coughdozenscough* unread review books. I'm not sure why they're still sitting there unloved and unread as I obviously meant to read them if I agreed to a review, but there you go. So this challenge is exactly what I need!

Challenge Details:

  • Challenge begins Jan 1, 2016 and ends Dec 31, 2016
  • All review books that have been on your review list for 6+ months count
  • Any book format counts
  • Crossovers with other challenges are okay
  • You pick the number of books for your individual challenge


Once a quarter there will be a wrap up post to show off progress!
  1. sign up post - now through Jan (or whenever you join)
  2. quarter 1 post - end of March
  3. quarter 2 post - end of June
  4. quarter 3 post - end of September
  5. quarter 4 post - end of Dec wrap up post

Goal:

My goal for 2016 is to really cut back on accepting new review titles so I can clean up my TBR piles. I know that I'll probably cave a few times as I can't always resist the bright & shiny & new, but will give it my best shot!

Going to shoot for reading 4 books per quarter, for a total of 16 books.

If you'd like to join this challenge, you can find more details at Herding Cats & Burning Soup.

Wish me luck!








6 comments:

  1. I hardly even accept review books because I'm so crappy at getting to them. Good luck! 16 book sounds totally doable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try and resist accepting new review requests until I whittle down my piles. Figured that if I kept my goal reasonable, I'd then have a fighting chance of meeting it. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also my goal. Perhaps not one I'll achieve but I'll give it my best.

    Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I really need to read my old books, so hoping this challenge will do the trick!

      Delete
  4. It's so hard not to take on new pretties. I so feel your pain on that! Good luck with the challenge. You got this :D

    PS the link up for quarterly posts like this is live now if you want to add your goal post in to the mix :) http://theherdpresents.blogspot.com/2016/01/2016-blogger-shame-review-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this one, Anna! Shame can be a powerful motivator! lol

      Delete