October 2015 Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such...: October 2015 Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

October 2015 Wrap Up

monthly wrap up
Can you believe that October is over already? I saw Christmas decorations at the store the other day. Yikes! Why is the year rushing by so fast? Wasn't it summer a second ago? Let's slow down and take a minute to see how things went for me in October.

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 2 books this month. Not even close:

  1. Led Astray by Kelley Armstrong
  2. Bitter Bite by Jennifer Estep


October Reviews

  1. Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
  2. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
  3. Led Astray by Kelley Armstrong
  4. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

On the Blog

Took part in the Blog Ahead Challenge hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup. While I didn't do as well as I'd hoped, I did get some posts written and scheduled, plus have several more in draft form that just need to be polished and posted. Since I've been scrambling at the last minute to write posts, I'm counting this as a win!

Going to try a new posting schedule. Instead of following my usual MWF schedule, I'm going to post every other day. I ended October on a pretty erratic note, so maybe being more consistent will get me back on track.

Started a new feature about my journal collection! I have an entire cabinet full of blank journals, so thought I'd start sharing some of the more interesting ones with you. Check out my introduction post and let me know what you think!


Commenting

Did even worse with visiting other blogs and commenting than I did last month. Think I'm going to try a little experiment and see if that will help get me back on track. And maybe a spreadsheet. Spreadsheets always help!

Overall

Think that I'd give myself a C- for October. Didn't read all of the books I had planned on reading, but did manage to write several reviews. Have I caught up? Not even close! But at least it's a start, and I'm eternally optimistic that I can do better. Like Scarlett O'Hara once said, tomorrow is another day!









9 comments:

  1. I didn't do so well on reading in October either-- I only read three or four. That's great that you got some reviews written. Always love checking out your site! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the dreaded spreadsheet. I've been busy trying all year to put my books onto one. Perhaps trying to run before I can walk so to speak, I'm afraid its not going very well.

    Here's to November. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found it easier to put my books into Goodreads rather than a speadsheet as it got out of control pretty quickly for me. Still have a bunch that I haven't added, as it's kinda overwhelming. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. I really hate the Goodreads challenge. I participate every year and then glare at it every day as I slowly fall behind my goal. Love Scarlet's motto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd be good this year because I lowered my goal, but Goodreads just mocks me by constantly reminding me how far behind I am! :(

      Delete
  4. I'd definitely count your Blog Ahead as a win! Ahhh on the reading. That's frustrating. I'm behind by about a month in my reading according to Goodreads. Where does the time go?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My reading and blogging were definitely down in October, and so far in November. I'm hoping I will finally get caught up this month, but I have to finish this class I'm taking first.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u