Sunday, October 25, 2015

New Feature: My Journals


Blank journals are another weakness of mine. Even though I have an entire cabinet full of journals, I can't seem to stop collecting them! Not sure what I'm going to do with them all, but I can't make it out of a bookstore without at least one.

two vintage beauties
Got these two vintage beauties from my father. There were actually two of the Records journals, but my husband grabbed one for himself!


Bell Telephone
Dad used to work for Bell Telephone, but not sure how old this book actually is. Amazing what treasures you can find in the attic!

numbered pages
Each page is numbered, which only adds to the coolness factor!

vintage
This one is a plain, lined journal, but love the vintage cover! Not sure what I'd use this one for, but it has to be something special!


Anyone else collect journals? I'm always amazed at the beautiful options available when it comes to journals! I just need to get back in the habit of actually writing again so I can fill some up.








14 comments:

  1. I'm a notebook junkie too! I try really hard not to buy them but they're so beautiful. I do eventually write in them so that's something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to resist and stay away from the journal section at the bookstore, then I stumble across a display or endcap! Obviously the universe wants me to buy more journals, so who am I to disagree? ;)

      Delete
  2. I love it! I don't collect cool ones like this, but I'd love to. Seriously, start writing in them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Need to start using them before my cabinet explodes, so now I just have to pick one and start writing. Now which to choose.....decisions, decisions.

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love journals! I make my own. I buy a handful every year. I really adore these ones that you have highlighted. They have so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your journal posts, but don't have a crafty bone in my body so not even going to attempt to make my own!

      Delete
  4. How lovely. Book marks and now journals, I'm beginning to think I'm not quite as alone as thought I was. Now please tell me pens are also a thing you accumulate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely not alone! While I don't think I collect pens, I do seem to have several purple ones and 3-4 with quirky casings!

      Delete
  5. Oh my! That is so neat. That's cool to see a few of the journals. You wouldn't be able to find those anywhere anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that he found these and thought of me instead of just throwing them out! Guess my dad knows me well! lol

      Delete
  6. I've spent years filling up my own. It's easy once you begin. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to write every day, but fell out of the habit. You're right, it will get easier once I jump back in, it's just getting myself to finally jump that seems to be the problem. ha!

      Delete
  7. Hope you get back to writing soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tea! Guess I just need to start rather than waiting for inspiration to strike.

      Delete