Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Book Haul 9/5/2015

The latest additions to my book pile:  Hummingbird by Stephen P. Kiernan, Noble Intentions Season One by LT Ryan, Against the Dark by Carolyn Crane

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was a surprise in my mailbox. Not really my type of read, but I'm on the fence about giving it a try. Think I'll wait and see what others think before deciding. I mean, it's not like I don't have plenty of other books calling my name....ha!

Hummingbird by Stephen P. Kiernan
Hummingbird by Stephen P. Kiernan

From the author of the acclaimed The Curiosity comes a compelling and moving story of compassion, courage, and redemption

Purchased:

Made the mistake of checking out the Friday freebies on BN.com. Oops! Managed to log off with only two ebooks on my nook, so counting that as a win! 

Jack Noble. Assassin for hire. Former Marine and government agent. He makes no mistakes. He passes no judgement. He feels no remorse. So why the hell does he stop to help a lost child on a busy sidewalk moments before he's to complete a deal with one of the east coast's top crime bosses?

***

Against the Dark by Carolyn Crane
Against the Dark by Carolyn Crane

She's an ex-safecracker forced into one last heist.
He's an undercover agent with big plans for his gorgeous thief.

Gifts:

Received this box of goodies courtesy of an exchange I did with one of my Facebook groups. It was a snack & book exchange, right up my alley! I asked for one of their favorite books, so was pleasantly surprised to receive Shiver, which I haven't read yet. And omg, that popcorn was SO good! The hubby devoured the caramel Bugles, but I did manage to grab a couple and they were good too. All in all, a really great exchange!

Snacks, bookmark, and book! Doesn't get any better than this!


What did you receive this week?







8 comments:

  1. Book exchanges sound like such fun - especially when snacks are thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bugles! Those are so addictive!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo Crane has great reads. Hope that one is fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great haul. I so like the idea of these exchanges but it can be difficult to find one to join in with giving that most of them originate in the US and postage costs can be so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! A snack & book exchange! In my opinion, though, I have to say that free eBooks don't count, at least for me. I consider it a prize! And only two? I say don't sweat it. They're free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Carolyn Crane's books and need to get to that series too. :) Love the gift pack! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome haul! I love the book & snack exchange! I never knew Caramel Bugles existed! I must find some.

    I love haul posts! I love seeing what others get. I remember when Shiver was making its rounds among book bloggers when it first launched and I wanted to read it so bad. I still need to...lol. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete