My Book Haul 9/19/2015 | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul 9/19/2015

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Book Haul 9/19/2015

My Book Haul | Alexia's Books and Such

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was a surprise in my mailbox, but sounds intriguing!

Crucible of Souls by Mitchell Hogan
Crucible of Souls by Mitchell Hogan

An imaginative new talent makes his debut with the acclaimed first installment in the epic Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, a mesmerizing tale of high fantasy that combines magic, malevolence, and mystery. (Goodreads)


Purchased:

The In Death series by JD Robb is one of my must-buy series, and I usually can't wait and buy them on release day! Love how the characters keep growing and never seem to get stuck in a rut! Hard to believe that this is book 41, as it doesn't seem that long ago that I started reading about Eve and her friends. One of my favorites!

Devoted in Death by JD Robb
Devoted in Death by JD Robb

Eve Dallas tracks a couple whose passion is fueled by cold brutality in the newest crime thriller from the #1 New York Times–bestselling author of Obsession in Death and Festive in Death. (Goodreads)

Gift:

I know these aren't books, but they're too cute not to share!

dog and cats reading

My aunt saw these and said couldn't resist buying them for me, as they practically screamed my name. Gotta love it when people know you so well! Love them!



What did you receive this week?








6 comments:

  1. A Crucible of Souls looks interesting. And those bookish cats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cats are adorable! And I can hardly believe In Death is up to 41 books, wow. It's such a good series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Goodwill earlier and was looking for a JD Robb novel. Not my day... one day I'll get to try her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love surprises. Loving those figurines, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, look at your little pets. :) And hope you enjoy your new read. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u