Blog Ahead Challenge - October 2015 | Alexia's Books and Such: Blog Ahead Challenge - October 2015

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blog Ahead Challenge - October 2015

Blog Ahead Challenge - October 2015
Anna over at Herding Cats & Burning Soup is hosting another Blog Ahead Challenge, this one for the entire month of October. I think it's just the thing I need to get back in the blogging rhythm, so am excited to take part! 

I took part in the last mini challenge and having that cushion of scheduled posts was SO nice! Unfortunately, I didn't keep it up. The month-long challenge will probably be a little tougher for me, but I'm looking forward to having that nice cushion again!

The Details:

Build your total number of scheduled posts by 31!

On October 1st, take your number of scheduled posts and add 31.
Whatever that number is...that's your goal for the month.
You'll end the day on Oct 31st with that many scheduled posts.

Example- If you start October with 5 scheduled posts, you end October with 36 scheduled posts.



Eligibility:

Everyone is eligible to join in the challenge! Any blogger or author, new or old! Blogging on Blogger, Wordpress or other platform...any heat level, genre or theme, etc.

If you blog...you're welcome to join!


Types of Posts that Count?

Any posts that you finish in October and will publish November 1st or later...count!

Meme, review, guest post, interview, discussion. Cooking posts, pet posts, photo posts, etc.

Posts do NOT have to be book related.


What Should You Do Next?


  1. Add your blog to the linky list.
  2. Create a blog post to keep track of your goals.
  3. Spread the Word--invite your friends & fellow bloggers!

My Goals:

Coming up with 30 scheduled posts will be challenging, but I have several ideas already percolating in the back of my head so we'll see what happens. Planning on doing a few brainstorming sessions as well as utilizing Trello for keeping track of them all.

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in the next few months! Discussion topics? Memes? Anything?

I'm pretty excited about this challenge, and looking forward to seeing what I can come up with!

Check out Anna's Sign Up Page for more details! Wish me luck!








9 comments:

  1. I should do this, especially for the holiday season. But that would mean I'd have to finish several of the posts that I have started. lol. And reviews! Though the reviews need finished and the posts. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several half-finished posts and reviews that need to be written, so hoping this gives me the kick in the pants I need to finally get them done! I will admit that it's a little daunting though....what have I gotten myself into? Ha!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! So glad you're joining in. Goodness yeah the 30 posts can be a challenge to come up with just the ideas. It's nice having the FB group to help brainstorm some for topics :)

    You'll totally rock this challenge like the last I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love having the Facebook group available to bounce ideas off of and get suggestions! Thanks so much for hosting this, Anna!

      Delete
  3. 30 blog posts prescheduled? Wow! Ambitious! Good luck! I love discussion posts personally but I never really have any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my problem too! I really enjoy discussion posts, but have a hard time coming up with a topic. Time to brainstorm!

      Delete
  4. Good luck. I rather like the idea of challenges in which you set your own goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! I really want that cushion, but also know what a procrastinator I am. We'll see what happens...ha!

      Delete
  5. Glad you are joining us and good luck meeting your goals Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u