My Book Haul 8/29/15 | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul 8/29/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, August 29, 2015

My Book Haul 8/29/15

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.


NetGalley:

This was an email invite from NetGalley. They know I'm weak, so constantly tempt me! I should probably filter those emails directly to trash so I'm not tempted, but am too afraid that I'll miss out on something awesome. *sigh*


Need by Joelle Charbonneau
Need by Joelle Charbonneau



Teenagers at Wisconsin's Nottawa High School are drawn deeper into a social networking site that promises to grant their every need . . . regardless of the consequences. Soon the site turns sinister, with simple pranks escalating to malicious crimes. The body count rises. In this chilling YA thriller, the author of the best-selling Testing trilogy examines not only the dark side of social media, but the dark side of human nature.


Purchased:

I follow Jen Hatmaker's blog and Facebook page and really love her sense of humor! Not my usual sort of read, but the excerpts I read were really good, so figured I'd give it a shot.


For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
For the Love by Jen Hatmaker

The popular writer, blogger, and television personality reveals with humor and style how Jesus' extravagant grace is the key to dealing with life's biggest challenge: people.







What did you receive this week?








2 comments:

  1. Need has an interesting premise. I'm sure it'll be acreage cautionary tale.

    P.S. new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You show much more restraint than I. Once again I find you are the master and I am the student. I've gotten better but I still can't resist the lure of a new, shiny book at times.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u