July Wrap-Up | Alexia's Books and Such: July Wrap-Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, August 3, 2015

July Wrap-Up

July monthly wrap up
Seemed to work last year, so hoping that monthly wrap up posts will still keep me on track!

Books read

In order to meet my revised reading goal of 75 books, I need to read 6.25 books per month. Was on a reading roll and managed 10 books this month!

  1. Hostile Takeover by Shane Kuhn
  2. Another Day by David Levithan
  3. Awake by Natasha Preston
  4. Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
  5. Forgotten by Bishop O'Connell
  6. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
  7. Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
  8. Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel
  9. Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
  10. We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist


July Reviews

  1. Supervillains Anonymous by Lexie Dunn
  2. The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
  3. Alive by Scott Sigler
  4. Hostile Takeover by Shane Kuhn
  5. Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep
  6. Awake by Natasha Preston

New Arrivals

  • Never Always Sometimes by Ali Alsaid
  • A Hot Glue Gun Mess by Mr. Kate
  • Everything She Forgot by Lisa Ballantyne


Overall

Great month for reading, but not so hot for reviewing. I really, really need to find a balance between the two because I get so far behind and have to struggle to catch up.

I removed the suggested posts app from below my posts. No one was clinking on them and I didn't like how cluttered it made things look. Might suggest a few posts of my own if I review a series book or take part in a meme, but going to go without that app and see how it goes.

Finally deleted my Tsu account. The last few times I tried to post links, it deleted them and sent me a scolding note that I should not post spam. Excuse me? What's the use of your platform if I can't link to my blog? And I sort of resent the spam comment because I always include a blurb with the link, so buh-bye Tsu!

Still having fun with the foster kittens! Will be heartbreaking to give them up, but there's no way I can keep four kittens. If you're ever sad or depressed, I highly recommend playing with kittens! Guaranteed to make you smile every time!


This is one of my favorite videos! I never know what I'm going to see when I turn around to check on them, so keep my camera close! (not sure why my voice goes up two octaves whenever I talk to them...)








16 comments:

  1. Your foster kittens are so cute!

    I think it's normal for voices to go up octaves when talking to pets and babies. Not sure why, but I'm sure that's a thing!

    I hope you have a great August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! I finally stopped talking baby talk to the kittens, but it took awhile! lol

      Delete
  2. Those kittens are adorable!! Plus you reviewed 6 books which is more than once a week, that's better than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on the reading to review ratio, but it's probably going to be a constant struggle for this procrastinator!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! You had a great month! Congratulations! :) My month started out with a slump, but I ended it with a bang.

    Your kittens are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more reading binges like that, but need to find a way to fit in reviewing so I don't have to go back and reread sections (like I'm doing now. oops!).

      Delete
  4. I haven't had a problem with Tsu yet, sorry to hear you did.
    Happy August reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Freda! I don't really miss Tsu as I already have plenty on my plate, but am a little sad that it didn't work for me because I had such high hopes for it.

      Delete
  5. I'm so behind in reviews right now. I've never had a problem with that but wow, it sucks. I'll be sad when your kitties are gone. I'll miss the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally sucks when you fall behind with reviews, but I keep doing it. *hangs head*

      Delete
  6. A bit behind both with my reading and reviews but that isn't uncommon for July as Mr T has most of the month off work.

    Great to learn July was a good month reading wise for you. With such cute house guests I'm surprised more time wasn't taken up videoing their antics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but I actually got more done with the kittens than without them! They only bad thing was that my dog Waffles felt left out because she usually hangs out in the office with me, but I couldn't let her in with the kittens because she's so much bigger. And don't worry, I took tons of pictures of the kittens! :)

      Delete
  7. Kittens and puppies are the source of all goodness in the world, and they are fun too. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Great job on the books! I find when I'm on a reading spell, the reviews fall to the wayside and I have to do them later, which then takes from my reading time. I don't think there's any balance between the two. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I wish there was a formula out there to balance reading and reviewing. Well, one that I could stick to at least, but I can't seem to resist picking up that next book before writing a review. I'm so bad! lol

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u