Bookmark Monday: Lost Horizons | Alexia's Books and Such: Bookmark Monday: Lost Horizons

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, August 31, 2015

Bookmark Monday: Lost Horizons


Bookmark Monday
Since I collect bookmarks, thought it would be fun to join the Guiltless Reader for her Bookmark Monday posts!


Several years ago I was lucky enough to travel to the Philippines for business. They put me up in a gorgeous hotel called The Makati Shangri-La. 

Best part of my stay was when I discovered that instead of chocolates, they left a bookmark on my pillow every day! My kind of hotel!

Lost Horizon bookmarks

The bookmarks had different passages from Lost Horizon by James Hilton. I received a few duplicates and gave them to friends as souvenirs, but kept most of them.



gorgeous tassel

Love the detail on the little tassel. Beautiful!

I've never stayed at a hotel before that left you a bookmark on your pillow, but think it's a fabulous idea!










4 comments:

  1. Wow. I wish all hotels did that. I wonder how often that hotel changed the books that the quotes came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome hotel! I love the tassels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing idea, I so wish all hotels would do this. And wouldn't it be great that rather than the complimentary slippers they left you a book.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u