The Sunday Post 7/19/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: The Sunday Post 7/19/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Sunday Post 7/19/15


The Sunday Post 7/19/15 | Alexia's Books and Such
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, but I use it more as a mid-month review. It’s a chance for a recap, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up on our blog.

New Arrivals:


When I was in grade school, I went on a reading binge and read everything I could get my hands on about King Henry VIII and his daughter, Queen Elizabeth I. I don't remember reading much about Lady Jane Grey and didn't even realize that she had sisters, so this review request really grabbed my attention! While not my usual type of read, I'm looking forward to learning more about these two sisters!

Sisters of Treason by Elizabeth Fremantle
Sisters of Treason by Elizabeth Fremantle

Early in Mary Tudor’s turbulent reign, Lady Catherine and Lady Mary Grey are reeling after the brutal execution of their elder seventeen-year-old sister, Lady Jane Grey, and the succession is by no means stable. Elizabeth Freemantle brings these young women to life in a spellbinding Tudor tale of love and politics. (Goodreads)

Current Read:

Nothing. I'm in between books right now, trying to decide which one to pick up next. If nothing calls my name loud enough, I might just let the randomizer pick my next read.

On the TBR Pile:

  • Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
  • Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson

Upcoming Reviews:

  • Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep
  • Forgotten by Bishop O'Connell
  • Awake by Natasha Preston

On the Blog:

Spending lots of time with the foster kittens, but managing to read a lot too. Don't want to jinx things, but I'm on sort of a reading roll! Fingers crossed it keeps going and I catch up on my reading goals!

I did fall behind on reviewing, but guess you can't have everything. Thinking about taking part in the review-a-thon at the end of the month, hosted by The Book Vixen. That always seems to get me back on track!

    Houdini, lounging
    Gratuitous cat picture












    16 comments:

    1. Oh goodness, adorable kitten. Is that one of your fosters?

      The Tudor book sounds interesting. Life must have been difficult for the family after Jane's death. I hope you enjoy it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, the kitty is one of my fosters. Houdini is the escape artist, who always manages to disappear at bedtime!

        While I don't usually read historical fiction, I have a soft spot for the Elizabethan era.

        Delete
    2. Sisters of Treason sounds like a good historical fiction. I really enjoy Tudor fiction if it's written well.

      Grace @ Books of Love

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's been a long time since I've read about the royals, so looking forward to this one!

        Delete
    3. Love the cat pic! Beautiful kitty.

      Sisters of Treason sounds interesting.

      Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Yvonne! I can't resist taking pictures of the kittens because they're so darn cute!

        Delete
    4. Random.orging for a book pick can be a lot of fun :) Hope you find something good to read :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't had to resort to the randomizer yet, but it's good to know I have that option!

        Delete
    5. What a lovely thing to do... fostering kittens. I'm in an apartment and can't have pets but I think I've become a cat person so would get one if I could!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. No pets is one of the drawbacks of renting. Love having pets, but miss calling the landlord whenever something broke! lol

        Delete
    6. It feels like there is so much to accomplish in a week. *sigh* Hope you have a great one!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sometimes I really wish I had Hermione's time turner!

        Delete
    7. Replies
      1. They're so much fun! Love watching them play, but love it when they're purring on my lap even more!

        Delete
    8. You can call them fosters if it helps you sleep better at night, but I see what's going on.
      I'm glad one of us is reading. Been on a bit of a reading drought. Damn you Minion Rush!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Surprised that my family and friends have so little faith in me and are convinced I'm going to keep the fosters! You know I'm going to prove you all wrong, just because I'm an ornery ole' cuss!

        Those online games will get you every time! Step away from the game Tammy! Save yourself!

        Delete

    Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u