Supervillians Anonymous book review | Alexia's Books and Such...: Supervillians Anonymous book review

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, July 3, 2015

Supervillians Anonymous book review

Supervillians Anonymous book reviewTitle:  Supervillians Anonymous
Author:  Lexie Dunn
Release Date:  June 30, 2015
Publisher:  Harper Voyager Impulse
Source:  Edelweiss

New superhero Gail Godwin, the one and only Hostage Girl, is in big trouble: her nemesis Chelsea is loose, someone close to her is dead, and everybody thinks Gail did it. 

To make matters worse, Davenport Industries has thrown her into a prison that just happens to be full of the very same supervillains who used to kidnap her on an almost daily basis.  (Goodreads)

My Review:

Supervillians Anonymous picks up shortly after the first book's sudden cliffhanger. That cliffhanger was evil, so I'm pretty sure that the author is a supervillian in disguise.

It's been awhile since I read Superheroes Anonymous, but it was easy to dive right back into the story! While I think it's best to read them in order, I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

Gail, formerly Hostage Girl, is blamed for the murder of a close friend and thrown into jail. Not just any jail but supervillian jail, full of the bad guys who used to kidnap her on a regular basis! Uh-oh!

I really loved the idea of the supervillian jail! It makes sense if you think about it, as it's full of powerful supervillians who need something to occupy their time, so they put them to work. And wait 'til you see how they put them to work! Very clever!

It was nice that Gail has finally learned a thing or two since the first book, as she was a little too passive in that one for my tastes. While she's still vulnerable at times and not in complete control of her abilities, she's learning.

Unfortunately, even with her new powers, Gail is once again being used by supervillians for their own nefarious plans. That girl really needs to start coming up with her own plans, just in case!

Our favorite superheroes are back to help Gail and there are even a few new faces! Good guys, bad guys, plot twists, evil schemes, they're all here!

Really enjoyed this one and, despite the aforementioned evil cliffhanger from book one, it was well worth the wait!









8 comments:

  1. Whilst not normally the sort of book I'd read this series does appeal to me. Must be because of the evil schemes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally into superheroes and villains either, but this was a fun read!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a cute couple of books. I'm not sure about the passive thing. I really hate a weak female MC. Still, it sounds like she gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand a passive female MC either, which is why Gail annoyed me in the first book. Thankfully, she does get better in this one!

      Delete
  3. Well that sounds like a pretty fun set up and read :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like the sounds of this series. I think I need it as superheroes are something I'm loving. I'm even backing a superheroes anthology on kickstarter that has a few authors I love writing in it. But the superheroes... are at a nursing home! LOL! Sounds like so much fun. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the sound of old superheroes in a nursing home! I've always wondered what happens to them when they get too old to fight. :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u