My Book Haul 7/4/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 7/4/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, July 4, 2015

My Book Haul 7/4/15

My Book Haul 7/4/15

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This is book two and I haven't read book one, but the publisher assured me that it could be read as a stand-alone. And what an interesting premise! Very happy to receive this review offer!

Hostile Takeover by Shane Kuhn
Hostile Takeover by Shane Kuhn

Professional assassin John Lago faces off against his deadliest adversary yet - his wife - in Hostile Takeover, the exciting sequel to Shane Kuhn’s bestselling debut The Intern’s Handbook, which the New York Post called “a sexy, darkly comic thriller.”


***

This was one of the books that caught my eye in the Buzz Books sampler, so I requested a copy from the Penguin Random House First To Read program. Happy to be approved, and looking forward to reading this one!

Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle

It's the accident season, the same time every year. Bones break, skin tears, bruises bloom. The accident season has been part of seventeen-year-old Cara's life for as long as she can remember. Towards the end of October, foreshadowed by the deaths of many relatives before them, Cara's family becomes inexplicably accident-prone....But why are they so cursed? And how can they break free? 

***

This was a surprise in my mailbox. Not really my type of read, so going to try and find it a new home.

Season of the Dragonflies by Sarah Creech
Season of the Dragonflies by Sarah Creech

As beguiling as the novels of Alice Hoffman, Adriana Trigiani, Aimee Bender, and Sarah Addison Allen, Season of the Dragonflies is a story of flowers, sisters, practical magic, old secrets, and new love, set in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Edelweiss:

This is the sequel to Superheroes Anonymous, which I really enjoyed. Happy to be approved by Edelweiss to review it, as I usually don't get approved by them for some reason. Already read & reviewed!

Supervillians Anonymous by Lexie Dunn
Supervillians Anonymous by Lexie Dunn

New superhero Gail Godwin, the one and only Hostage Girl, is in big trouble: her nemesis Chelsea is loose, someone close to her is dead, and everybody thinks Gail did it. To make matters worse, Davenport Industries has thrown her into a prison that just happens to be full of the very same supervillains who used to kidnap her on an almost daily basis.


Gifted:

Received several books in the mail from my friend Tammy at Bo's Book Nook. She was nice enough to pick me up some books from BEA and Book Con. Talk about an awesome friend!

Books!
Vampires Never Cry Wolf by Sara Humphreys
Personal by Lee Child
Feral Nights by Cynthia Leitich Smith
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
Center of Gravity by Laura McNeil
Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
Rules for Stealing Stars by Corey Ann Haydu
A Poet of the Invisible World by Michael Golding

More books!
Auggie & Me by RJ Palacio
The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearley
Illuminae by Kaufman & Kristoff
Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Incarnations by Susan Barker
The Drafter by Kim Harrison
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
Keep Calm by Mike Binder

Swag!
Swag!

Jack Reacher's Rules for Surviving BEA
I think that this is my favorite swag:  Jack Reacher's Rules for Surviving Book Expo America!


What did you receive this week?








8 comments:

  1. Wow, your friend Tammy is amazing! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul, I wouldn't know which to begin reading first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where to start either, so might just go eenie, meenie, minie, moe! lol

      Delete
  3. Oh awesome to have a friend at BEA. Sweet! Hope you enjoy all your reads when you get to them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the book haul! And so nice to have a friend who goes to BEA and then brings you back a bunch of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to work on my TBR pile, but it keeps growing and growing!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u