Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 2015 Wrap Up

Books, kittens, and hitting a dry spell; my June wrap-up
Monthly wrap up posts seemed to help keep me on track last year, so giving it a shot again this year.

Books read

Didn't make my reading goal last year, so lowered it from 100 to 75 books. In order to meet my Goodreads goal, I need to read 6.25 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read five:

  1. Are You Still There by Sarah Lynn Scheerger
  2. What The Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam
  3. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
  4. Buzz Books 2015 Fall/Winter
  5. Supervillians Anonymous by Lexie Dunn

June Reviews


Blog Goals

I didn't realize that you could have external links open in a new tab, but found an easy how-to post online and think I've fixed it! I usually hold down the control key so I don't leave the original blog, but this makes things so much easier!

New Arrivals

Received my first batch of foster kitties at the end of the month! These poor babies were left in a closed Rubbermaid tote near a recycling bin. We've been having a heat wave so if someone hadn't come along, they would have died. I can't understand how people can be so cruel.

New foster kitties, aka The Wild Bunch

Three girls and one boy; a tiger, tortoiseshell, and two black & white kittens. The shelter said I could name them, so let me introduce you to Katniss, Buster, Tortellini, and Houdini. Hey, I was rushed so no judging!

Overall

Hit a dry spell with my reading and reviewing. I've been working on the same three reviews for about a month now but can't seem to finish any of them. No mojo.

On the bright side, I celebrated my 6 year blogoversary! A month late, but I didn't acknowledge it at all last year so am counting that as a win! 

The kittens are taking up a lot of my time now as they're so much fun to watch! We're all still getting used to one another, but trying to blog or read while kittens are zooming around the room is a work in progress. These guys can move!


How was your June?


18 comments:

  1. Who could blame you for a dry spell when you have such gorgeous house guests. How anyone could abandon these kittens (or indeed any animal) like this is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And they're all such sweethearts that I don't know how anyone could leave them to die like that. They're so much fun to watch that I lose track of time!

      Delete
  2. What adorable kittens. You are a kind soul, and I'm so glad you found them. I have a tortoiseshell kitty named Ivy Rowe. I think tortoiseshell cats are the prettiest cats ever! Maybe you should read aloud to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually read aloud to them while I was on the exercise bike! I felt bad about having to put them in their cage but was afraid they would get to close to the bike and get hurt. They were not impressed with the book and went to sleep! lol

      Delete
  3. Lovely kitties!

    Enjoy July, and it looks like you read some interesting books in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kitty klan!! :-)
    Happy July reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the cutest? Hope you have a great July, Freda!

      Delete
  5. Awwww! Your kitties are so cute. Congratulations! :D It also looks like you had an awesome reading month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! I'm hoping I'll be able to read more in July, as I'm really behind with my yearly reading goal!

      Delete
  6. I've been enjoying your pictures of the cute foster kitties on Facebook. You're handling them well. I know they can be a handful. I'm on a horrible reading blogging slump too. Let's hope we get out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys never stop and are like miniature Energizer Bunnies! I'm learning to ignore the thumps and squeals while I'm on my laptop, but I do headchecks periodically to make sure everyone is accounted for and doesn't need rescuing. Hope we're able to pull ourselves out of our reading slumps, as I have a big stack of books to read!

      Delete
  7. Awww. Those babies are adorable! I'll take the tiger one. ;) Good thing I live far away, or I might have to see if I could sneak one home. lol.

    I've been on an audiobook reviewing roll here. But reading has been tough with all we have going on. Hope you get out of your spell. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I named the tiger Houdini because she kept escaping her cage at night. She's fearless! I have to keep reminding myself that I'm only babysitting these guys else I'd wind up keeping them all. They're so cute!

      I'm trying to set aside time each day for reading, in the hope that this will drag me out of my slump. Hope you have a great July Melissa!

      Delete
  8. I had a pretty good reading month in June. I read 30 books, which is like the second best I've done in a month. I'm sure you'll pick up your game next month :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thirty books in one month is really impressive! Great job, Rekha! :)

      Delete
  9. June was a really slow month for me for both reading and blogging as well. I'm hoping that July is much better ... as soon as I can get through this holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already finished a book, so fingers crossed that I have a productive July! Have a great weekend Tif!

      Delete