Cat Thursday: Books + Cats = Happiness | Alexia's Books and Such...: Cat Thursday: Books + Cats = Happiness

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cat Thursday: Books + Cats = Happiness


Cat Thursday
Welcome to Cat Thursday, hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict! Cat Thursday is a way to share fun pictures, tidbits, and news of all things cat related!

The foster kittens have certainly made themselves at home, and seem to love to hang out on my bookshelves!

teamwork!
One of the kittens favorite activities is removing the towel I have on top of the bookcase. Why they find this so amusing is beyond me, so I'm constantly replacing it. I don't want them to scratch the bookcase since it's right under the window, and don't want to anchor it down with something heavy in case they manage to remove that too and get hurt. At least they're working together, right?


Who, me?
Katniss practicing her innocent look. The other two took off when caught, leaving her to take the blame. Ha! I have photographic proof, Miss Thang!

Bookcase? What bookcase?
Houdini in one of the forbidden bookcases. I blocked off this corner of the office, so she's made it her mission in life to squeeze through/around/over the barriers. Guess I picked the perfect name for her, as she's a little magician!

Houdini & Buster, the balcony scene
Love this shot! Houdini and Buster doing their best Romeo & Juliet impersonation. (in case you were wondering, the towel is behind the bookcase in this picture)



Houdini playing, with cameos by Tortellini and Buster


Books and cats just seem to go together for some reason. My Didi used to curl up beside me whenever I was reading, so it took a long time before I got used to reading without a cat by my side. These guys are too young right now, but I'm sure they'll make someone a great reading buddy one day!









16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Watching the kittens is better than watching TV!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! Yeah, that's exactly how my kitty acted when he was a kitten. He still tries, but he's much too big now to fit in some of those tiny spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how they manage to squeeze into such tiny spaces! They keep squeezing in behind the bookcase and I'm always worried they're going to get stuck one of these days. But they are fun to watch!

      Delete
  3. Yep, my kitty used to climb into the bookshelves too. Now she's too big but she doesn't think she is. Silly kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are loving your bookshelves. :D I'm so glad my two, both mature seniors, snicker, leave my shelves alone. Cute kittens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'll grow out of it, but they do seem to gravitate towards my books! I had to move the stacks to another room because they kept playing King Of The Mountain and knocking the books over!

      Delete
  5. They are so cute, I'm sure they will love to curl up with you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all like to sit on my lap, but Buster has really turned into a lap cat! He'll make someone a great reading buddy!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I know! Their cuteness kills me! lol

      Delete
  7. They're so adorable! And you're right, cats and books really do go together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about cats and books!

      Delete
  8. *snicker* Gotta love cats. They know everything. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd like us to think that, wouldn't they? lol

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u