Upcoming Events: Bloggiesta and Blog Post Buckets Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such: Upcoming Events: Bloggiesta and Blog Post Buckets Challenge

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Upcoming Events: Bloggiesta and Blog Post Buckets Challenge

I'm taking part in two events this month, one this weekend and one month-long.

Summer mini Bloggiesta

The mini Bloggiesta is this weekend! This one is going to be a basic catch-up with no new challenges, so I'm going to try and complete some of the past challenges that I never got to last time.

Goals:

  • write 2 reviews
  • write 1 discussion post
  • finish adding/updating the book covers in my 2009 posts
  • crosspost reviews to Amazon & Goodreads
  • complete one past challenge
  • participate in the Twitter chat on Sunday, June 14th, at 3pm EST

Are you taking part this weekend? Have fun!



Be a Better Blogger - Blog Post Bucket

Book Bumblings hosts a Be A Better Blogger Challenge every month, and this month's topic is Building a Blog Post Ideas Bucket.

I love the idea of brainstorming post ideas so you never run dry! I have a few ideas already listed in Trello, but could totally use some more,

Think I'm going to leave Trello open so I can jot down ideas whenever they occur to me. If that doesn't work, then I plan on sitting down for an intense brainstorming session to come up with at least 20 ideas.

Since I'm using Trello, I think it would be best to set up separate cards for discussion post ideas, list post ideas, how to ideas, etc.

There's a Twitter chat scheduled for Sunday, June 21st, at 3pm EST. Look for the #BABBChallenge hashtag and join in the fun!


22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan to me. good luck with both events. Now I'm away to check out this Trello you mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered Trello during the last Bloggiesta and am really liking it so far! I keep playing around with creating different boards and cards and such, then I move them around. Yeah, I'm easily amused. ;)

      Delete
  2. I should do this even just to finish the discussion posts I've started... oh time, why are you so mean to me. ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is my biggest issue as it keeps getting away from me, so I need events like this to get me back on track!

      Delete
  3. Great goals! Have fun...I always enjoy these events. This time, I am working on my blog Serendipity....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Bloggiesta, but am a little glad that there aren't any challenges this time so I can play catch up. I'm always impressed that you're able to juggle so many blogs Laurel-Rain! Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you have a great list! I won't be participating. I can't think of anything to do, lol. Plus, I think my husband wants to go sailing. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather be sailing too, so hope you have fun!

      Delete
  5. This weekend is a busy weekend for me, so I won't be able to participate in Bloggiesta. :( Have a good time with Bloggiesta and the Be a Better Blogger challenge - they both sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle! Hope your weekend turns out great and you get everything done!

      Delete
  6. Both seem like great events, although I have only participated in Bloggiesta. Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I'm hoping for a productive weekend!

      Delete
  7. I love Trello, I need to make that a goal next Bloggiesta to have it all set up the way I want but I need to organize first.

    Good Luck with your goals for this bloggiesta!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep playing around with Trello and can't seem to make up my mind how I want to organize it, but it's been fun so far!

      Delete
  8. So I checked out Trello. I have a big project (not book or blogging related) coming up where I am most definitely going to use Scrum and I found out that Trello is going to be perfect for that. Thanks for mentioning it! I might also start using it for blogging.

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered Trello during the last Bloggiesta and am still in a learning curve, but it's really helping with my blog post ideas! Good luck with your project Haraiah!

      Delete
  9. Hey! Good Luck on finishing your list :) I wish I could participate in the twitter chat too but the time zones clash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rekha! It's hard to find a good time for Twitter chats that work for everyone, but hopefully you can make the next one in a few months!

      Delete
  10. Good luck on your list! I've done a few things on my to-do list, but I still have 2 reviews to write. I had hope to do that today, but it didn't happen. Hopefully tomorrow, but now it looks like we are going to the movies. Oh well, that's fun too! :) Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't heard of the Be a Better Blogger challenge. That looks like a great way to keep improving your blog every month. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you're freaking busy here, two challenges! WOW. I think I seem much more organized that I really am ... I'll pretend I am ;)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u