The Sunday Post 6/14/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: The Sunday Post 6/14/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Sunday Post 6/14/15


The Sunday Post - a wrap up for the first half of June
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

On the Blog:

This is a busy weekend for me, as I'm taking part in both the mini Bloggiesta and the Biannual Blogathon. Basically have the same goals for both, but it doubles my motivation to catch up on all of those neglected blogging chores I've been putting off!


I've been working on cleaning up my emails and finally got them under 100, only to wake up the next day to almost 600! What the heck? Seems that Yahoo had a glitch that accidentally deleted people's inboxes, so they decided to restore everyone's deleted emails. Gee, thanks. Back to the drawing board! *sigh*

I'm still stuck with Lauren Oliver's Vanishing Girls. I put it down and can't seem to motivate myself to pick it back up again. I really like Lauren, but didn't like the first few chapters. Someone please tell me if it's worth reading or not?

While I'm not the most consistent when it comes to social media, I was trying to Stumble posts periodically. Very disappointed that StumbleUpon decided to block all blogs with a blogspot.com address. When I emailed them for an explanation, I received a semi-rude response that basically said they can do whatever they want. Seems odd that they would block so many in their customer base, but oh well.

Current Read:


  • Buzz Books 2015 Fall/Winter sampler

On the TBR Pile:

  • Stain: My Soul To Wake by Tara Oakes
  • Talon by Julie Kagawa
  • Against the Dark by Caroline Crane

Upcoming Reviews:

  • The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
  • Are You Still There by Sarah Lynn Scheerger

Around the Blogosphere:



    Can you believe that it's June already? Where has the year gone? Any fun summer plans? We're just going to hang around the house and work on Waffles' dog obedience lessons. She thinks that she rules the roost, and she's right!







    10 comments:

    1. I've never read Lauren Oliver, but if it's been a week and you don't want to pick it up, dump Vanishing Girls. That is definitely rude about Stumble Upon. I can't believe they don't at least have a reason, even if it's stupid. Good luck organizing those emails!
      Hope you'll be visiting. http://evilverlordthoughts.com/weekly-wrap-up-613/

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've been wondering about Vanishing Girls, so it's interesting you're struggling. Will check back in next week to see if you pick it up.

      And how annoying on the email front. My personal inbox is a disaster. There are emails in there I've flagged to go back to but am yet to do so. And some I've never read. Argh!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I had mixed feeling about Vanishing Girls so it's hard to say whether I would recommend it or not. But if you're not really feeling it yet - you probably won't.

      That's awful about the email!

      Karen @For What It's Worth

      ReplyDelete
    4. My dog rules the roost too, wouldn't have it any other way!

      Have a great week!

      Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

      ReplyDelete
    5. Who the heck is emailing you? LOL I would go nuts. My box has 3 unread and I left them that way on purpose. Hmm, that is to bad about Vanish Girl Maybe table it for now.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh my gosh Yahoo. Makes me angry. I finally just quit using them. Sorry you have to sort those emails now.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I am sorry about your emails. I really have been trying to get mine under control as well. I have about 300 unread and it really bothers me. I also am surprised you are struggling to get through a Lauren Oliver book. I have usually liked her previous books. And as for StumbleUpon, don't worry about it. We do not need them ;)
      Blue Books and Butterflies

      ReplyDelete
    8. Also having issues with Yahoo but thankfully nothing like the ones you are experiencing. Fingers crossed they are sorted and soon.

      Looking forward to those forthcoming reviews. Happy reading.

      ReplyDelete
    9. I couldn't get into VAnishing Girls either. Ended up DNFing it. I keep seeing about Bloggiesta, but I never know what it is exactly. Have a great week!
      Check out my Sunday Post

      ReplyDelete
    10. Oh you are going to be busy. But you'll have so much accomplished and be thrilled with your work. :) Oh my! You are under 100 emails. lol. Oh they do stack up quickly, don't they. Hope things pick up for you in your book, or you find another for now. :) Have a great week.

      ReplyDelete

    Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u