My Book Haul 6/20/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 6/20/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Book Haul 6/20/15

My Book Haul 6/20/15

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

NetGalley:

Haven't done a book haul post in awhile, but this is still too many requests! Bad Terri! Can't seem to stay off NetGalley though, and if I do, they send me tempting email offers! NetGalley is my crack....

Are You Still There by Sarah Lynn Scheerger
Are You Still There by Sarah Lynn Scheerger

After her high school is rocked by an anonymous bomb threat, "perfect student" Gabriella Mallory is recruited to work on a secret crisis helpline that may help uncover the would-be bomber's identity.

***

Buzz Books 2015 Fall/Winter sampler
Buzz Books 2015 Fall/Winter sampler

The seventh edition of Buzz Books is a treasure-trove of substantial excerpts from dozens of the most highly-touted books to be published this fall/winter.

***

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman

This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she’d have to do. 
This afternoon, her planet was invaded.

***

Awake by Natasha Preston
Awake by Natasha Preston

Scarlett doesn’t remember anything before the age of five. Her parents say it’s from the trauma of seeing her house burn down, and she accepts the life they’ve created for her without question - until a car accident causes Scarlett to start remembering pieces of an unfamiliar past.


Edelweiss:

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

What if you aren't the Chosen One? The one who's supposed to fight the zombies, or the soul-eating ghosts, or whatever the heck this new thing is, with the blue lights and the death?

Won:

I won this ebook through a Facebook contest. Love a good reincarnation story, so looking forward to reading this one!

Stain: My Soul To Wake by Tara Oakes
Stain: My Soul To Wake by Tara Oakes

Witchcraft. Reincarnation. True love.
These are the things of legend. Unexplained, some even say impossible… but nonetheless prevalent in stories and tales from all cultures and in every land from the beginning of time. What if there’s something to it? What if there is an explanation behind the mysteries and bedtime stories? Something beyond words?


What did you receive this week?







10 comments:

  1. Yes. Netgalley and Edelweiss are my crack as well. You are not alone in your struggle. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of these books but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awake looks like a good one! I have been noticing it, and loving the idea of it.

    Thanks for sharing...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I've wanted to check out The Rest of Us Just Live Here for the longest time. I hope that you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY looking forward to the release of Illuminae! Enjoy your latest batch of books ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are You Still There by Sarah Lynn Scheerger sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got Illuminae! Awesome :) It's one of my most anticipated title. I hope you love it. Happy reading!

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so hard to resist!...I love the sound of Illuminae!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Awake too! Although it did not make my share for this week as my post is too long. Will be shared next week :) let us hope for an amazing read. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hope you enjoy these and have a great week. My Soul to Awake looks great! :D

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u