Bookmark Monday - Blue turtles | Alexia's Books and Such: Bookmark Monday - Blue turtles

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, June 1, 2015

Bookmark Monday - Blue turtles


Bookmark Monday
Since I collect bookmarks, thought it would be fun to join the Guiltless Reader for her Bookmark Monday posts!

This lovely bookmark was made by my friend Marie, from The Boston Bibliophile. I wanted something to remind me of our Hawaiian vacation and she found this fun design for me. Perfect!

Fun blue design, handmade bookmark


My niece got a temporary tattoo with this turtle design while we were in Hawaii, so I had Marie make her a change purse and bookmark out of the same fabric. She loved it!

Handmade blue turtle bookmark

14 comments:

  1. Cute turtles!! I love bookmarks that remind me of vacations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, it never occurred to me to collect bookmarks as vacation souvenirs. Now I want to go on vacation just so I can get some new bookmarks!

      Delete
  2. So glad you joined in this week! What a lovely reminder of your vacation ... plus the bookmark and purse match! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel in love with this fabric as soon as she showed it to me, and it's still one of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Love it. I love book marks. When I went on my European cruise I wanted to get a souvenir from each stop and ended up doing jewelry. I totally should have done book marks. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was collecting tea towels from vacations as I figured I would always need them, but wish I had thought of bookmarks first! Love the idea of jewelry though! What a great reminder of places you've visited!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely keepsake.

    Mr T has just bought me a new bookmark in which my name is spelt out in beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd love to see that! Love bookmarks, especially personalized ones!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I've been collecting bookmarks for years, so not sure why I never thought of them as a souvenir before. Now I can't wait to go on vacation and see what I can find!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Belle! I just need to remember to rotate them, as I wind up using the same bookmark over and over again.

      Delete
  7. Oh! Awesome feature and my first time hearing of it. Love that bookmark too! I can see why it reminds you of your trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited when I discovered her meme, as I love seeing all the awesome bookmarks out there!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u