Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Belated Blogoversary Bash - 6 years & counting

Belated Blogoversary Bash | Alexia's Books and Such
In the tradition of procrastinators everywhere, 
I'm late to my own party.

For the longest time I thought that my blogoversary was in April. It was only after I started to update my old posts that I realized that I didn't publish my first post until May 25, 2009. In fact, I published five posts that day! What was I thinking?

Not sure why I thought it was in April. Probably got it mixed up with when I started on Twitter. And my wedding anniversary is in April, so there's that. Anyway....

Now it's June. I'm a month late to my own blogoversary.

Did I mention that I'm a terrible procrastinator?

How on Earth have I lasted six years?

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm easily bored and switch hobbies like my grandmother used to switch purses! Yet here I am, six years and one month later, still blogging along.

Who woulda thought?

But I digress. On to the celebration!

Celebrating 6 years of blogging!

When I was in grade school, we used to bring cupcakes to class to celebrate birthdays. As much as I love cupcakes, they would be kind of messy to mail so guess you'll have to settle for books. We all love books, right? Right!

So I'm going to share some books with you, my book tribe, to celebrate the fact that I've yet to run away screaming from the wild, wonderful world of blogging!

What kind of books? Well, that's a surprise! It will be a mix of ARCs, hardcovers, and paperbacks. Maybe some swag. As much as I can fit into one of those medium flat rate boxes from the post office.

Not in the US? No worries, as the Book Depository ships almost anywhere in the world these days!

The Prizes:

1 US winner will receive a box of books, some new & some gently read, a mix of hardcover and soft

1 International winner will receive an item of their choice from the Book Depository, up to $10 US

Contest ends July 1, 2015

I may decide to ship a surprise to a 2nd place winner. Or not. 
My party, my rules.

Enter below:



*Contest ends July 1, 2015 at 11:59PM EST
*Must be 18 or over to win
*Checking the International box confirms the Book Depository ships to your address
*International Prize value up to $10 US
*US Prize at my discretion
*Winners will be chosen via random.org, notified via email, and have 72 hours to respond

22 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary! 6 years is an amazing long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Happy Blogoversary!!! I just love your blog, so thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! That's really nice to hear. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy blogoversary. 6 Years and counting, here's to many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! Can you believe we've been around this long? Wow!

      Delete
  4. Happy blogoversary! I'm celebrating mine right now as well, although mine really is this week, lol. But, that's okay. Now we can celebrate together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogoversary! I always forget mine so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I can't believe I forgot it, especially since I announced it in advance to make sure I'd remember! D'oh!

      Delete
  6. Happy blog birthday! I was looking at the posts on my blog too. I'm there with you on the 6 year mark. Can't believe it! But I'm not celebrating this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the first couple of years I stopped celebrating. Then I felt bad for forgetting my fifth year, which I guess is a milestone of some sort. Better late than never, right? I'm such a procrastinator!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on 6 years! I completely missed my blogiversary again this year. One of these years I will actually remember to celebrate. Afterall, it's been 8 years for me and I still can't believe that I'm still around and loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tif! Eight years is awesome! I never thought I'd make six and can't get over that I'm still here either. Times sure have changed, haven't they? Guess we're old fogies in the blogging world now....ha!

      Delete
  8. Happy blogiversary! Six years - wow! Here's to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belle! It's still hard for me to believe it's been so long!

      Delete
  9. Happy Blogiversary!!!!! Six years! Insane! I think we've been following each other since we were both just starting! Wild!

    PS I am such a procrastinator, too and easily bored and switch hobbies. We might be related...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Jaime, as I started following you way back when, under another blog name. We should really start a procrastinator club....one of these days. ;)

      Delete