Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Sunday Post 5/17/15


The Sunday Post 5/17/15 | Alexia's Books and Such
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

On the Blog:

I took part in the Blog Ahead Mini Challenge hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup. Only completed 10 scheduled posts out of my goal of 14, but that's not bad for me. I really want that extra cushion to help keep me from scrambling the night before a post is due, so going to keep working on it. You can check out my wrap up post if you like.

My birthday was on the 8th and I had a lovely time! My husband bought me two awesome t-shirts, which I absolutely love! And a chocolate cake. You can never go wrong with chocolate cake! I had a quick giveaway to share the birthday love, so congrats to winner Jenni!

Anyone going to BEA? I can't make it this year (sorry Tammy!) so plan on participating in Armchair BEA. Please take lots of pictures if you're going to BEA and post often so I can live vicariously through you!

Current Read:

Three Slices by Kevin Hearne, Delilah S. Dawson, and Chuck Wendig

On the TBR Pile:

  • Love and Miss Communication by Elyssa Friedland
  • Talon by Julie Kagawa
  • Anni Moon by Melanie Abed
  • Arivica by John Poulsen
  • Kissing Ted Callahan by Amy Spalding

Upcoming Reviews:

  • Alive by Scott Sigler
  • I Am the Traitor by Allen Zadoff
  • Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep

Around the Blogosphere:

  • Found an interesting explanation for the contents of a book at Anatomy of a Book. A good resource for writers and readers alike! 
  • A Guide to Epic Book Hoarding over at It Starts at Midnight was a fun read, complete with quiz! To no ones surprise, I am an epic book hoarder! 
  • Did you know that May 14th was Dylan Thomas Day? I didn't! While I've never read his work, I do love the Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light quote.

So how has the first half of May been for you? So happy that the warm weather seems to be here to stay! Now if it would just stop raining, I'd be a happy camper! (full disclosure - I hate camping)


And now, for your viewing pleasure, my dog
Waffles sunning herself on the porch:

gratuitous dog picture

10 comments:

  1. Waffles is a cutie! Kudos for getting some posts scheduled ahead. I don't know what I'd do if I went back to blogging by the seat of my pants again. I've never been able to go to BEA. While I think it would be cool, I'm also not dying to go either. I've done Armchair BEA for the last three years, but I'm not sure if I'm participating or not this year. I better decide quick if I am though. :) Hope you have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Waffles is a handful at times, but a total lovebug! I'm still working on scheduling my posts because it takes so much pressure off, but I'm also a terrible procrastinator. I'm a constant work in progress!

      I really wanted to go to BEA this year, but still having trouble with my knee so wouldn't be able to walk the floor the way I'd want to. Hoping I can make it next year! Planning on taking part in Armchair BEA so need to start writing my intro post.

      Delete
  2. Waffles poses nicely, doesn't he? I haven't attended BEA since they started having it in New York. Nothing against NY, of course...it is just way the heck across the country from me! LOL.

    I'll be doing the Armchair event, though.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waffles seems to love the camera and the camera loves her! I'm planning on doing Armchair BEA too! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. 10 posts ahead is awesome. Waffles is adorable, and I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba! I'm happy that I was able to get any posts scheduled, as I'm a terrible procrastinator!

      Delete
  4. I think 10 posts out of 14 is awesome. Too bad about BEA. I've never been before and would love to go sometime. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Hope you'll be able to make it one of these days, as I think that BEA is book nirvana!

      Delete
  5. Oh hope you are enjoying Three Slices. I like the sounds of it and want to try the authors in it.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really enjoyed it, but think it's best for people who are already familiar with the stories. I was kind of lost with one of them, but loved the Iron Druid story!

      Delete