The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On the Blog:
I took part in the Blog Ahead Mini Challenge hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup. Only completed 10 scheduled posts out of my goal of 14, but that's not bad for me. I really want that extra cushion to help keep me from scrambling the night before a post is due, so going to keep working on it. You can check out my wrap up post if you like.
My birthday was on the 8th and I had a lovely time! My husband bought me two awesome t-shirts, which I absolutely love! And a chocolate cake. You can never go wrong with chocolate cake! I had a quick giveaway to share the birthday love, so congrats to winner Jenni!
Anyone going to BEA? I can't make it this year (sorry Tammy!) so plan on participating in Armchair BEA. Please take lots of pictures if you're going to BEA and post often so I can live vicariously through you!
Three Slices by Kevin Hearne, Delilah S. Dawson, and Chuck Wendig
On the TBR Pile:
- Love and Miss Communication by Elyssa Friedland
- Talon by Julie Kagawa
- Anni Moon by Melanie Abed
- Arivica by John Poulsen
- Kissing Ted Callahan by Amy Spalding
- Alive by Scott Sigler
- I Am the Traitor by Allen Zadoff
- Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep
Around the Blogosphere:
- Found an interesting explanation for the contents of a book at Anatomy of a Book. A good resource for writers and readers alike!
- A Guide to Epic Book Hoarding over at It Starts at Midnight was a fun read, complete with quiz! To no ones surprise, I am an epic book hoarder!
- Did you know that May 14th was Dylan Thomas Day? I didn't! While I've never read his work, I do love the Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light quote.
So how has the first half of May been for you? So happy that the warm weather seems to be here to stay! Now if it would just stop raining, I'd be a happy camper! (full disclosure - I hate camping)
And now, for your viewing pleasure, my dog
Waffles sunning herself on the porch: