Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Book Haul 5/30/2015

The newest additions to my TBR shelves: The Forgotten by Bishop O'Connell and The Last Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

Since I've already read The Stolen, the first book in this series, I was offered the opportunity of reviewing book two. While book one wasn't my favorite read, this one features one of my favorite characters and I was curious to read his story. Hope it lives up to it's promise!


The Forgotten by Bishop O'Connell
The Forgotten by Bishop O'Connell

Across the United States, children are vanishing. Only this time, faeries may not be to blame…

Won:


Was excited to find out that I'd won one of the daily prizes from a Facebook contest hosted by Shelf Awareness! All I knew was that it would be a new release, so was happy when something I'd actually heard of showed up on my doorstep!

The Last Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl
The Last Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl

book'a-neer' (bŏŏk'kå-nēr'), n. a literary pirate; an individual capable of doing all that must be done in the universe of books that publishers, authors, and readers must not have a part in.


Love the title, but it reminded me of an old joke...

Did you hear about the little boy who loved pirates so much that he dressed like one everywhere he went? One day, he ran into a nice woman in the park.
woman:  You look nice today. Are you going to a party?
little boy:  I'm a pirate!
woman:  A pirate? Which one?
little boy:  Long John Silver!
woman:  How exciting! But where are your buccaneers? 
annoyed little boy: Under my buckin' hat!

*Yes, I am easily amused*


What did you receive this week?







6 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of these two books. Congrats on the win. I really think you will enjoy these books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Love the joke but seriously that second book has caught my eye...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I've been in a silly mood lately so couldn't resist. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh love the little boy in Bookaneer. lol. Do hope you enjoy your new reads. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete