My Book Haul 5/23/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 5/23/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 23, 2015

My Book Haul 5/23/15

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

Neither one of these books are my usual type of read so not sure why I was sent them. Surprise books in the mail are always nice, but think I might pass these along to someone who would appreciate them more.

Sugar by Deirdre Riordan Hall
Sugar by Deirdre Riordan Hall

I’m the fat Puerto Rican-Polish girl who doesn’t feel like she belongs in her skin, or anywhere else for that matter. I’ve always been too much and yet not enough.


***

Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
Seveneves by Neal Stephenson

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Anatham, Reamde, and Cryptonomicon comes an exciting and thought-provoking science fiction epic--a grand story of annihilation and survival spanning five thousand years.

NetGalley:

The Buzz Book samplers are one of my weaknesses, as I love getting a taste of new stories! Can't wait to start this one and discover great new authors!

Buzz Books 2015 YA Fall/Winter
Buzz Books 2015 YA Fall/Winter

This edition of Buzz Books: Young Adult provides substantial pre-publication excerpts from 20 forthcoming young adult and middle grade books.





What did you receive this week?


10 comments:

  1. The Buzz books are always good to read. I like surprise books in the mail, you got two that look interesting. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I love surprise books in the mail, but not really sure why these showed up. Hope you have a great holiday!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know the Fall Buzz Books were out. I just requested a copy of each from Net Galley. Thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love the Buzz samplers!

      Delete
  3. Reading samplers sounds like a great idea, happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these samplers, as I've found so many new authors through them! If you have a NetGalley account, I highly recommend downloading a copy!

      Delete
  4. Ooh! I would love to read Sugar and Sevenes is on my wishlist. I hope if you don't read them you find a good home for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already found a new home for Sevenes, but Sugar will probably be added to my give away pile. Now I just need to put together the give away so I can find it a new home! lol

      Delete
  5. Always love to hear about the books others are reading. I just love to lose myself between the lines of a well written book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing yourself within the pages of a good book is the best!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u