Finally have a dragon of my very own! | Alexia's Books and Such: Finally have a dragon of my very own!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, May 22, 2015

Finally have a dragon of my very own!

I will love him and hug him and pet him and call him George!

So excited that I finally snagged one of Julie Kagawa's gorgeous dragons!

Finally have a dragon of my very own!
She has an Etsy shop that she stocks with handmade dragons periodically, but they usually sell out in minutes. I've lost count of how many times I've had a dragon in my cart, but lost it to someone who checked out quicker than I did.

Finally have a dragon of my very own!

Success! But I was so paranoid that I didn't believe it was real until he showed up at my doorstep.

Finally have a dragon of my very own!

Isn't he beautiful?

Finally have a dragon of my very own!

I will love him and hug him and pet him and call him George!

13 comments:

  1. I love it! I didn't know Julie Kagawa had an Etsy shop for selling handmade dragons! Does she make them herself? This one is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it started out as a hobby, but her fans went crazy for them so she created an Etsy shop. She usually lets everyone know when she's going to put more dragons up for sale on social media, but they sell out fast! So happy I finally snagged one!

      Delete
  2. Oh how cute! I can fully understand why these gorgeous little creatures sell out so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get over how talented Julie is! Amazing author and dragon-maker to boot! So glad I was able to get one in my favorite color too! Still giddy about my new "pet"!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't he? I keep petting him, almost like I do my new books! Yeah, that sounds weird now that I think about it....oh well!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know! Totally in love with him! :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I didn't realize she was selling them on Etsy. I think I'm going to need to keep my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be warned, they go fast! Usually sell out in 2-3 minutes and it took me several weeks of trying before I lucked out and snagged one. Totally worth it though, as he's adorable!

      Delete
  6. Oh my! You totally got a dragon! That's so awesome. :D He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So worth the wait, as I love him!

      Delete
  7. OMG! I love this!! I totally want one!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u