Friday, May 1, 2015

BLOG AHEAD Mini Challenge


BLOG AHEAD Mini Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such
Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup is hosting a Blog Ahead mini challenge! Hoping that this will be the motivation I need to get some posts written and scheduled!

The Details:

To create a 2 week blogging buffer by increasing your total number of scheduled blog posts by 14.

Example:
If you start the challenge with 20 scheduled posts...
you finish the challenge with 34 scheduled posts.

The posts can be weekly memes like Waiting on Wednesday, book reviews, guest posts, discussion topics, etc. They don't have to be book related.

Eligibility:

Everyone is eligible to join! New bloggers to seasoned professionals. Book bloggers, DIY bloggers, beauty bloggers, etc. Come one, come all!

It's okay if you don't hit 14 extra scheduled posts in 2 weeks because even if you only finish 1-2, that's still great!

My Goals:

I have a several reviews that I need to write, but could use some ideas for other types of posts. Anything you'd like to see in a discussion post? Any non-review type of post you'd like to see? Anyone want to do a guest post for me? I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, as I'm having trouble coming up with 14 ideas! 


Want more info? Head on over the Herding Cats & Burning Soup for all the details!

12 comments:

  1. There's no way I could come up with that many prescheduled posts. You guys participating in this are awesome. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm a little nervous, but getting some good ideas from the other participants!

      Delete
  2. It's definitely hard sometimes to come up with that many post ideas. I'm doing book release posts, cat thursday posts, a couple cooking posts, reviews/discussions and some author interviews.

    Hmmm what about favorites lists or recommendations for certain genres?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I've been thinking about joining a couple of memes, so might do that. Like your idea about favorite lists!

      Delete
  3. Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings does a Tell Me Something Tuesday I used to participate in. It is fun! She has various topics and if you email her she can send you the topic list a head of time. http://www.rainydayramblings.com/rainydayramblings/tell-me-something-tuesday/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'll check it out. :)

      Delete
  4. Some memes would be good and I'd love to see some posts featuring a certain little doggie who goes by the name of Waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waffles loves the camera, so I'll see what I can come up with! :)

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea, but I think it would be too hard for me to do. I schedule a lot of posts, but I do most of my blogging on the fly. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! I haven't actually written anything yet, but coming up with lots of ideas!

      Delete
  6. I sat down and scheduled reviews until the end of May, which will be upon me before I'm ready. lol. But I like this idea of getting ahead of the game.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go! I love the feeling of having that cushion, but I'm such a procrastinator that it's always an uphill battle for me. *sigh*

      Delete